T84 on ebay

ALL auctions and ALL listings from other websites.
rjbeamer
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: T84 on ebay

Post by rjbeamer » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:32 pm

After reading all of these Posts I think that we just need more Tort reform and better access to Prozac.

Roger

Joe Gopan
Jeep Heaven

Post by Joe Gopan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:47 pm

Am sure this seller would rather pull the item and have it inspected than rip off a fellow MV'er.
2011 MVPA PIONEER AWARD - MVPA #1064
HONOR GRAD-WHEELED VEHICLE MECHANIC SCHOOL 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL(MACHINIST) ABERDEEN PG 1962 - O-1 BIRD DOG CREWCHIEF - 300,000+TROUBLE FREE M-38A1 MILES
LIFE MEMBER AM LEGION-40/8-DAV
7 MIL SPEC MAINTAINED MV'S
COL. BRUNO BROOKS (ARMY MOTORS) IS MY HERO

gerrykan
G-General
G-General

Post by gerrykan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:54 pm

I have purchased a few parts from him without any problems, or deceit on his part, and would purchase from him in the future.

I would not purchase this part from him though, because I don't need a T-84 case at this time.
Roy

Niblet
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by Niblet » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:23 pm

I find this interesting,,many times I have raised a flag on some questionable items being sold on Ebay
by very high profile members here and nothing is said/done about it,,,so we dont know who this guy is lets hang him huh?
nice,,,,
1945 Willys MB
DOD 3-10-45
HN 20691353
SN 424804
My Restoration thread <a href=http://g503.com/forums/viewtopi ... >Here</a>

macaddict23
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by macaddict23 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:54 pm

fiveftsix wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:41 pm
One post stated I`d buy it with a feedback like that
I never said I'd buy the transmission. I said I'd buy from the seller based on his feedback. If he posted an item of my interest with a misleading or vague description, you bet I'd send him a message requesting clarification either by editing the description and/or posting more photos.

There's life outside a flipping T84 on eBay. Stop yelling -- go out and enjoy the sun for cryin out loud.
"Originality . . . It just needs to be what it is."

Joe Gopan
Jeep Heaven

Post by Joe Gopan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:20 am

I have sold used GI takeoff T-84 Cases that have sat for years on old surplus dealer shelves to restoration shops that showed little if at all wear but had defects such as crack on one end where shift fork guide pin fits. and got twice as much as the subject case is offered at.
Instead of condemning a seller of hard to find quality WWII parts, why not ask the seller to have the case inspected by someone who talks T-84.
OEM Parts such as used T-84 Cases command a premium after 75 years this case could be a diamond in the rough. I'm sure glad I do not have to search for a T-84 this late into the jeep restoration game as the 75 year supply of good originals has just about run out.
HONOR GRAD-WHEELED VEHICLE MECHANIC SCHOOL 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL(MACHINIST) ABERDEEN PG 1962 - O-1 BIRD DOG CREWCHIEF - 300,000+TROUBLE FREE M-38A1 MILES

Michael O.
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Michael O. » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:24 am

I have sent several messages to the seller regarding this case over the past week and they are all unanswered. I'm interested in the case as another spare but if I don't receive an answer to my questions I'm not going to buy it. Sure, if I found that it was not as advertised I could file an eBay claim and a claim through PayPal....and they will withhold the funds from him until the issue is resolved. This would take time for me to repackage, reship and then wait for my refund....time that I don't have on my previous days off.

If the seller is a member here.....please respond to my questions. If you can confirm a few things for me then I will buy it.
Michael O’Connell

Too many jeeps…and a Dodge.

MVPA 13861

Joe Gopan
Jeep Heaven

Post by Joe Gopan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:54 pm

The seller is not the boogieman, and the part is not brand new. He has a good track record. In addition to quality of MV parts, I have purchased hard to find TM's from this seller.
Look at it this way. What if he were offering Army TM's on Gastroenterology, would that make him a Proctologist?
We will never know what we are missing here unless someone knowledgeable about T-84 case specification checks it out. I am too far away to examine it. :wink:

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Post by Chuck Lutz » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Hey, for $150.00 I might buy it if it was cleaned up, any possible damage was visible (thrust washer faces for instance?) and it could be rebuilt...but....given the description and the price...you are buying the proverbial "pig in a poke" on this one gentlemen, and for the price you should be able to SEE everything, the good, the bad and the ugly.

This is in my estimation, something to gamble on for $50.00 at a jeep meet and not have any postage to pay. It could garner a tad more interest for an MB guy who needs a case date coded closer to his jeep DOD but then again...the "L2 0-2" is suspect here...L could be November, but the rest is not known to me....a replacement case or something from November 2, 1950? It isn't an EARLY case as the fill/drains are on the left side.

It may make a perfectly good working T84 and then again, maybe not...caveat emptor I think is what the objections amount to and I have to agree with them.

If pointing out obvious questionable items on ebay is a sin, then dammnit, I'll stand up and be called the "Ebay Police" as well...most sellers that DO acknowledge the errors of the sale or the description send you a "thanks" and change the ad to reflect reality. Those who ignore reality being pointed out to them put them in a different category....I don't care how many years you have been selling stuff....if your ad is wrong or misleading, then it should be changed to reflect the TRUTH, do you guys agree here?
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3-C 1947

nirvana
G-Major
G-Major

Post by nirvana » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:29 am

It a used part that has quite a few pictures. The thing is dirty and 70 years old. I also see what looks like cosmoline on a lot of the surfaces, and I see what looks like some storage rust. He has a 14 day money back return policy, with the buyer eating the shipping if he chooses to make the return. It all seems pretty straightforward to me. If you don't like the item, or the terms of sale, don't buy it. If he doesn't answer questions to your satisfaction, don't buy it. Its all pretty simple really.

If someone wants a NOS quality part, then they need to go pay the asking price for one, and make sure that the seller has a similar return policy. If someone knows where I can get a NOS museum condition new in the original box with no dirt or scuffs USGI T-84 case for $150, let me know. This one is a little high in price, but however. I'm not going to buy it, as I don't need it, and I don't feel like investing in a project piece that may or may not shake out.

But I'm also not going to get so angry at the ad that I make a post online about this case, set up stuff to tarnish the sellers's name, and throw around words like "lawsuit" and "fraud." I'm actually a lawyer, a real one, and I can say that this probably isn't the best practice to engage in, but to each their own. Its called "libel per se," and I would google that as it relates to damaging one's profession or trade.

That's all I've got here. Its a transmission case on eBay for gods sake. Its not a Picasso and it hasn't been pulled from the bottom of the South Pacific after a few decades in saltwater.

Return to “Auction, Craigslist, Other Listings”