FT-17 TSF replica built

Other MV's, Non U.S. Manufacture
thejackel
G-Civilian
FT-17 TSF replica built

Post by thejackel » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:58 am

Hello,

I am researching the FT-17 TSF tank. This tank was designed and used during World War 1. It was also used during World War 2, but the tank was becoming obsolete at that time. The TSF model wass a radio/observer version off the FT-17 tank. I am currently making CAD drawings off the tank. I started this discussion with the following goals:
1. I am looking for as much information about this tank as possible (photo's, technical drawings, dimensions, technical details etc.).
2. I am looking for a FT-17 tank engine (and other parts). The tank was based on a tractor. Does someone know where I might find such a engine? Which tractor could I find a similar engine?
3. Does someone have photo's of the interior off the tank?
4. How does the drive train off the tank work? How did the driver drive the tank?

Other information is welcome offcourse. I will share the drawings, sources used and the design document on the following link:
http://dumeas.com/services.php (Heading FT-17 Tank replica project)

I hope you can help me!

jdmcm
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant
Re: FT-17 TSF replica built

Post by jdmcm » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:37 pm

Try the Weald Foundation in England. They are currently restoring both an FT and a TSF. They are very nice chaps and can supply you with lots of information regarding drive train etc.

Regards
John
Tanks,Trucks and such...

Return to “Other MV's, Non U.S. Manufacture”