FS: Orig. GD Fire Guard FE and restored, Early Bracket SOLD

1941 - 1945, Willys MB & Ford GPW jeeps, NO EBAY, Craigslist or COMMERCIAL SALES.
AZ Jeff
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

FS: Orig. GD Fire Guard FE and restored, Early Bracket SOLD

Post by AZ Jeff » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:32 am

Here is a decent, original 1940s Fire Guard FE and the correct Bracket for your consideration...

* Extinguisher is the correct General Detroit brand "Fire Guard" model depicted in wartime images. This one has the early brass tag. Has plenty of solidified Carbon Tet inside which adds to the weight but I would leave it be. Also could stand a polish to the buyer's taste. Not the easiest FE to find anymore in my experience. $50

* Bracket is for a General Detroit FE and has the early, single strap. When I found this unit it was civilian red over-painted over the GI olive drab over the factory satin black -- including the attached feet. I stripped and refinished it in black as it would have been prior to the jeep factory paint job. The feet are original and were not removed during this restoration. The strap was broken in half and I replaced it with a 100% correct, wartime version (off another project bracket). Overall an excellent example ready to mount. $75

*** BOTH SOLD

Prices do not include postage. Please PM direct if you are interested. Thanks for looking!

Jeff Q.
AZ
Last edited by AZ Jeff on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

gidad
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major
Re: FS: Orig. GD Fire Guard FE and restored, Early Bracket

Post by gidad » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:45 am

Pm sent. Russ

gidad
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major
Re: FS: Orig. GD Fire Guard FE and restored, Early Bracket

Post by gidad » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:22 pm

Sent another PM. ☺ Russ