Extinguisher 58-E-208

Manufacturers, configurations, Shovels, Axe, Wrenches, Oiler, F/E etc.
Silly's MB
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Re: Extinguisher 58-E-208

Post by Silly's MB » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:14 am

henry501 wrote:Roger,

Also, please let me know how you got the CTC? Presumably from the look of it it is WWII issue. I don't think it is legal to sell it or use it anymore. My understanding is it is a neurotoxin so not likely I'll be able to run out to my local hardware store to get some. Maybe I'll just try to pressurize my extinguisher with air (as I believe was the pressurizing agent) and leave it at that. Or... just clean it up a bit and leave it completely alone. No sense overdoing it only to do damage.

Thanks,
Henry
It was a field find Henry and the guy selling it didn't know what it was . I have no intention of using it and it will remain sealed in its tin.

Your extinguisher looks in good condition, one of my favourite renovation tools these days is Renaissance wax as it helps restore some of the original colour and helps preserve metalwork.
Limited access.
1942 August Willys MB
Complete MVMTS 100% sourced in the ETO

Empty vessels make the most noise .......

mudbox
G-Colonel
G-Colonel
Re: Extinguisher 58-E-208

Post by mudbox » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:24 pm

I finally ran into one of these extinguishers at the flea... sadly, I had to leave it behind. Pretty sure the seller meant $250.00 and not $2.50.... :lol: :lol:
Heres some pics for posterity.
The handle looks more like the one from the Pyrene version on the previous page.
No label on this one.

-Jason

Return to “G503 Tools & Equipment (Vehicle & Pioneer)”