Blackhawk Master Mechanic Wrench Set 100W, 41-W-2613-500

Manufacturers, configurations, Shovels, Axe, Wrenches, Oiler, F/E etc.
mudbox
G-Colonel
G-Colonel
Re: Blackhawk Master Mechanic Wrench Set 100W, 41-W-2613-500

Post by mudbox » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:57 pm

Tin Medic wrote:Very jealous.
Me too.

Very cool. May have a piece or two that would fit nicely into that box. Lets see the list of contents! :D

-Jason

Wingnutt
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Wingnutt » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:46 am

mudbox wrote:Lets see the list of contents! :D
Workin' on it. Len and I have both been pre-disposed with other things and also some travel.
I did add two new photos to the batch on the first page - the back of the case, and the open case with no tools in it.
TEMPORARY DUTY

daveus6
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by daveus6 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:00 pm

That really is an impressive effort Len. Well done on the set so far. I know just how daunting this sized set can be to collect - especially when it is all one manufacturer.

Len Jones
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by Len Jones » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:16 pm

Sorry it's long overdue - but a big thank to Greg for his help in posting the photos on my behalf.

Recently I had the privilege of speaking to the former English owner and the new Dutch owner of ' Little Chicken ' a Federal Pacific who both explained without any prompting from me that the tool case with the vehicle was red in colour - but had been repainted black, had no badges nor decals, with the original factory Blackhawk red still visible internally, and was something that had puzzled them both leading them to believe that the case was not in fact correct.

This is exactly the same colour combination as mine which suggests to me that these sets were factory supplied red, and repainted black for military issue which is now how I intend to refinish my tool case.

How I came to put this set together is pure chance - earlier this year I purchased some 1/2'' drive Blackhawk items for possible inclusion in my GMTK, when they arrived I was impressed with their quality, and the fact that they were period correct. So I managed to purchase the other remaining Blackhawk items from the same vendor - they had similar date codes, showed little or no wear as if they had originated from the same set, so it seemed an opportunity not to be missed.

Fast forward several months, and this ' tool box containing some Blackhawk tools ' came up on the auction site - I had to have it, and the rest is history. At the moment the case contains some sixty pieces, is not complete, and weighs in at a whopping back breaking 96.8 lbs ( 44 kgs ) :o

By a rather strange coincidence my Grandmother once owned a race horse named ' Blackhawk ' which ran in the 1939 Grand National, and while leading the field with just one fence from home was jostled by another horse at Valentines, and fell loosing the race to ' Workman ' !

Wishing you all a happy Christmas & thanks for the kind comments

Len
Owner & Custodian of GPW 24043 since 1976.
MVT No 366.

d42jeep
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by d42jeep » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:44 pm

Very impressive set, Len. There are some big Blackhawk fans on this site. Thanks for posting them.
-Don
Ford GPW 76344 DOD 11/42 Built in Richmond, CA

Return to “G503 Tools & Equipment (Vehicle & Pioneer)”