M201 to MB wiring loom

1956-1966, Hotchkiss, Quarter-ton jeep® series, Wanted, For Sale, and Knowledge Base
Ronnie Scot
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

M201 to MB wiring loom

Post by Ronnie Scot » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:52 am

My Hotchkiss M201 has been converted to 12 volts and has a lot of Willys MB electrical components including starter motor and distributor. I'm in the process of fitting a new body tub and while dismantling the old body I notice that a lot of the wiring is in need of replacement. I'm thinking of fitting an MB wiring loom. Has anyone tried this and if so can you give me any advice about the job?
Ronnie

S McIlwaine
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Re: M201 to MB wiring loom

Post by S McIlwaine » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:03 pm

NOS hotchkiss looms turn up from time to time have seen a couple of main looms on ebay over the last couple of years I bought one to put on my MB restoration as the price of the MB ones just keep slipping out of my Christmas and birthday budget. Just this week have unrolled it and draped it over my newly painted tub :D. If you happen to have gone the other way and haven't got round to fitting I'd be up for swapping but plan to make some connections to it this week so you'd need to be quick.
Just another UK jeep lover

Ronnie Scot
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Re: M201 to MB wiring loom

Post by Ronnie Scot » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:49 pm

Hi,
Sorry I missed your post back in September. I've been working away from home and haven't been monitoring internet stuff regularly due to lack of internet access (on a Scottish island). After I put up that post I bought a reproduction MB loom and I have fitted it. Well, it's not quite finished as I needed to do a few mods, but it will be finished soon (working on it today hopefully). I've now got a full M201 wiring harness which might be useful to someone, somewhere, sometime.

Ronnie

Return to “M201, Hotchkiss, Quarter-ton jeep®”