Wiring Clip Fasteners?

1941 - 1945, MB, GPW Technical questions and discussions, regarding anything related to the WWII jeep.
apeitsch
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Wiring Clip Fasteners?

Post by apeitsch » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:51 am

All,
Read through various threads regarding the wiring harness clips, but none that I can see tell me what size screw/bolt size along with nut and washer type. I've looked through the G503 parts catalog and see that there are at least 3 different sizes, but as I look at my clip set, they all seem to be similar hole sizes. I have a Vintage Wiring of Maine harness and clips. Would really like a suggestion an screw/bolt types for the harness clips and the terminal blocks.

Thanks in advance.
Andy
Andy Peitsch
GPW #10423 DoD 3-8-42 (in progress)
MVPA #33911

Ian Fawbert
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: Wiring Clip Fasteners?

Post by Ian Fawbert » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:57 am

Hi Andy,

I guess it's best if you ask about specific locations and that might yield a better answer, because as you've found there are several answers!

As a guide, 10-24 x 5/8 or smaller/longer round or binding or a special ford (looks like a binding/pan head in some spots) screw is generally what is used. Or, in some places, #10 round or binding head sheet metal screws, about 1/2 or 5/8 long are used too. Then there is a ford/willys and early or late/contract dependant factor too!

From a washer point of view, it's either a split lock washer or internal/external or both washer.

I know this is vague, but short of knowing where you want to clip, it's a good guide (I feel!!).

Cheers,
Ian.
Australian Jeep Investigator
MB: 131175
GPW: 11730.
GPW: 225290.
Aust trailer: GMH 3- #211
http://www.vintageengines.net

apeitsch
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Re: Wiring Clip Fasteners?

Post by apeitsch » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:41 pm

Ian,
Thanks for the response. Right now I need to affix the main harness to the underside of the tub. So, I would like to know what clips and fasteners are correct from the rear lights to the fire wall. That help narrow it down?
Thanks,
Andy
Andy Peitsch
GPW #10423 DoD 3-8-42 (in progress)
MVPA #33911

Return to “MB GPW Technical Knowledge Base”