Graves Mountain Trailrides in Virginia Aug 31 - Sept 4, 2017

Upcoming events, and post event discussions... and gee things in general...
CGarbee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Graves Mountain Trailrides in Virginia Aug 31 - Sept 4, 2017

Post by CGarbee » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:52 am

For those of you attending the For those of you attending the Graves Mountain Trailrides and Rally next week in Virginia:

Time for two really big reminders!

We do NOT have gas/fuel at the Syria Mercantile... Closest place to put go juice in your MV is in Madison, so make sure that you fill up the tanks and jerry cans on the way in...
We do NOT have cell phone coverage in the area (ok, we do up on top of the mountain and in some spotty locations, but just plan on not having a signal).
We do have internet via WIFI at the Lodge, Syria Mercantile, etc. It can get slow...

If you have an emergency and somebody needs to get word to you, have them call the Lodge office and they will relay it down to Chuck in the HQ tent. The nature of the emergency will have an effect on how fast the message gets down the hill and to you...

Event info:
www.gravesmountaintrailrides.com

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General
Re: Graves Mountain Trailrides in Virginia Aug 31 - Sept 4, 2017

Post by 70th Division » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:19 am

Hello,

That looks like a great trail riding adventure through some of America's scenic countryside !!
Looks like a lot of fun, and there are great pictures from earlier trips that are on the site.

Maybe when I get a vehicle done and on the road I would go on the expedition in the future !
Please post pictures from this years Trailride when completed !!

Thanks for posting,

Ray

CGarbee

Re: Graves Mountain Trailrides in Virginia Aug 31 - Sept 4, 2017

Post by CGarbee » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:45 am

It's been a while, but I just got around to posting all the photos that I could find from the event onto Flickr...
To see them, go to:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124394777 ... llections/

If you have any that you would like to share, please post them or send them directly to me...

We had a great turnout again this year and got to experience driving on wet, sloppy, trails for the first time in several years since we had rain several nights (and a couple of days) during the event this year...I have promised to pay the "sun" bill in advance of next year's event... ;)

Speaking of next year:

10th Annual Graves Mountain Military Vehicle and Vintage 4x4 Trail Rides!
Labor Day Weekend
August 30-September 3, 2018

Return to “Events”