Gainesville Texas Camp Howze MVPA History Alive Weekend 2016

Upcoming events, and post event discussions... and gee things in general...
Duke113P
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Gainesville Texas Camp Howze MVPA History Alive Weekend 2016

Post by Duke113P » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:32 pm

https://m.facebook.com/CampHowzeMvpa/?t ... =typeahead

Saturday, October 1 at 9 AM - 6 PM

Next Week

Cooke County Fair Association

1901 Justice Center Blvd, Gainesville, Texas 76240

History Alive Weekend 2016 - Static Displays, Convoy on WWII Base Grounds, Battle Re-creation, Special Guest and Speakers Nationwide, Patton Show, Pacific War Museum Weapons Show, Participating Museums, Bob Hope and More

"Snakes... why did it have to be snakes?..."

Sprouse
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Re: Gainesville, Texas Camp Howze MVPA History Alive Weekend

Post by Sprouse » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:37 pm

Fantastic! Was a GREAT time 2 years ago. It is a bi-annual event

Duke113P
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: Gainesville Texas Camp Howze MVPA History Alive Weekend

Post by Duke113P » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:34 pm

Lots of vendors will be in attendance, food, militaria, home made jams/ spreads and yes some folks will even be selling Military vehicle parts. I will be bringing a large assortment of miltaria both US WWII - Vietnam as well as WWII German Heer and Waffen. I will also have jeep parts like L134 carburetors, tire pumps for the jeeps, complete WWII wrench sets for jeeps and generalechanics tool kits many more parts and tools for jeeps and gmtk. Also 1/2 ton WC parts to include a good working take out radiator thats needs to be flushed. Dodge 1/2 ton starter, generator, WWII fuels cans 42,43,44 dates, NOS unused 1951 clean on the inside never used Korean War fuel cans, Water cans, wwii ammo boxes all sizes, Vietnam dated grenade crated with the original al shipping tubes in them. (Empty of course) a few Humvee Parts for TOW system, picks for vehicles, shovels, helmets wwii and vietnam, lots and lots more. I am bringing a truck and trailer load down for this event. Look for the sign Rod's Supply Point.

Duke113P
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Duke113P » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:57 pm

Update,
Rod's Supply Point will also have WWI German items, a few Model 24 Stielhandgranates (these are the best on the market and most authentic from the markings, down to the faux blasting cap), M1903 Springfield rifle parts, pot belly heater nos, fuel nozzles for the five gallon fuel cans (us cans). Vietnam Jungle fatigues, tiger stripe uniform from Vietnam and much much more.

lt.luke
G-General
G-General

Post by lt.luke » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:36 am

Thanks Dustin. I'm the "jams and jellies" he speaks about. I'll send a little product with him on Friday, and then I will be there on Saturday in person. Come by for a sample (Saturday for sure) and hopefully to check out the mostly-complete GPW 12078. If all goes well, this will be her public debut. She's not "done" but she can come out of the garage!

Come support small business and taste some GREAT jam!

http://www.homesteadersfinest.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Home ... 2165603782

Return to “Events”