Convoy MVPA Chicago to Santa Monica Rte. 66 2017

Upcoming events, and post event discussions... and gee things in general...
nra_man
G-Civilian
Convoy MVPA Chicago to Santa Monica Rte. 66 2017

Post by nra_man » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:43 pm

Hi All:

I plan to participate in the Rte. 66 convoy in the 5th segment (Williams AZ to Santa Monica, CA); OCT9-OCT14 not including drive east to Williams.

I plan to have my '67 M151A1 ready, but if not, then I will be driving my '68 M35A2.

I will be coming out of Beaumont, CA and at this time my wife will be riding with me (but if I have to drive the deuce, probably not!).

Anyone else planning to go from SoCal, maybe we could convoy to Williams for security and mutual assistance?

Also, any of you long-time M151 owners please speak up for likely parts/repairs for a 950 mile trip... :o

NOTE: If you recommend any parts, you may post your preference for make/source. PLEASE DO NOT hijack this thread with discussion of "them vs. them" or arguments about parts. Preferences should be respected and in this thread I'd like to avoid sideways discussions. Please let's keep it on the topic of the convoy, preparedness, and who's going when and where.

THANKS VERY MUCH :D

-Ken J

diamondjim
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant
Re: Convoy MVPA Chicago to Santa Monica Rte. 66 2017

Post by diamondjim » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:14 am

bring every thing that bolts on to the motor and trans and drive it 500-1000 miles before the trip,if one of them go,you are out of the race,just drove my m151a2 twice coast to coast/Lincoln HWY/Bank Head no problem,1st time a front wheel cly and 1 headlight,common sence,JIM D

Return to “Events”