FS NOS WWII Headset in original box

Radio Telephone and Telegraph Transmitting and Receiving Equipment
johnseidts
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

FS NOS WWII Headset in original box

Post by johnseidts » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:36 am

These came with radio items I purchased. They are NOS original replacement headphones with everything except the actual ear pieces. I opened this one, but have a few more. The leather on the head band is very supple and in good shape. The wires have terminal ends ready to attach to your original ear pieces. Great to rehab your originals or add newer production earpieces and make them work. $35.00 plus shipping.

John K. Seidts RN:
Wanted to Buy any aircraft parts or aviation items
Wanted- WWII US Medical and Engineer Items

Radtech
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: FS NOS WWII Headset in original box

Post by Radtech » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:41 pm

Can you post a pic of the markings on the box?The headband appears to be commercial post WWII and the cable is a microphone cable.

johnseidts
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by johnseidts » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi,
Thanks for pointing that out to me about these. I went and re-looked and there are no markings on any of the boxes. The only other markings I could find on them was HB-7 stamped into the square-ish piece of metal which holds the adjustment arm of the earpiece. The small wires feel very much to the touch like the original wires I have found in EE-8 field phones, and about the same gauge of wire. These came with a large amount of WWII radio parts, which also contained some KW and VN-era items, but the bulk was WWII so I assumed these were WWII. So these could be later. Still, they are brand new and look enough like the WWII-ones that they could be used for display that way.
John K. Seidts RN:
Wanted to Buy any aircraft parts or aviation items
Wanted- WWII US Medical and Engineer Items

MkDorney
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by MkDorney » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:41 am

If the wires on these headphones are in good shape, the headset elements are the very easiest parts to get to make these work The cloth wires require a piercing connector on the wire ends to connect them electrically - you can't solder the wire, and the insulation piercing end are very hard to find. Your headband looks like the wires are in good shape, and the connectors are already there.

Mark D.
WW2RDO

Return to “Radio's and Communications”