Rare '44-'45 Italian Partisan M33 Helmet SOLD

Living History / Reenacting uniforms, field gear, and equiptment, Wanted, For Sale (NO EBAY ITEMS) or Trade.
AZ Jeff
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Rare '44-'45 Italian Partisan M33 Helmet SOLD

Post by AZ Jeff » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:43 pm

Here's is a very scarce, 100% original Italian Partisan unit-marked M33 Helmet for your consideration...

Helmet is marked on the exterior to the 183rd Garibaldi Brigade, a partisan unit that I believe was affiliated with the communists in north-east Italy based on the research I've done. You'll see plenty of Italian partisan photos but very few images of helmets like this. This example is a captured Fascist M33, likely MVSN "Black Shirts", as witnessed by the original factory black paint and black leather chinstrap on the inside...

Liner size is 57 and the shell is stamped T101 in the rear shirt. The exterior shows one non-factory black layer over the factory black with the partisan markings in thick red paint. Overall 90% exterior finish with balance in surface rust patina. This piece came out of a 60 year collection and I can recall seeing it in the collector's home 40 years ago. Most likely a G.I. vet souvenir. Has a faint name in pencil on the inner skirt. Super rare stuff compared to the usual Italian Army M33 helmets out there.

$350 plus postage. Please PM direct if you are interested. Thanks for looking!

*** SOLD

Jeff Q.
AZ

Return to “Living History / Reenacting Wanted, For Sale”