Sale Pending..WW II Officers Tent 24-T-323

Living History / Reenacting uniforms, field gear, and equiptment, Wanted, For Sale (NO EBAY ITEMS) or Trade.
Fabuloco
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class
Sale Pending..WW II Officers Tent 24-T-323

Post by Fabuloco » Sun May 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Greetings.. I have only gotten a couple of inquiries on this tent and I had reduced the price to $1150 and I would pay shipping to the lower 48. Perhaps my price was to steep and out of line. Anyhow I would like to consider reasonable offers over the next couple weeks. Would love to answer any questions you may have. I live in Southern Idaho. Thanks for you time.

ORIGINAL POST
Photobucket slide show link in the first "reply"
I have for sale a small Army officers tent dated 1942. Got the tent a few years ago and actually used it a couple of years ago at elk camp for 12 days. Overall the tent is in great condition for its age. The positives--Stitching is in great shape and material is very pliable. Rubbing the hand across it you will feel it still leaves an oily film on hands. No mold. No large holes or tears in fabric. Smells like Army--love that smell. It does have some stenciled painting on it but it not legible to me. Mud flap is in great shape. The negatives---All negatives are minor. It does not have the correct poles and I am not sure I would sell the poles that I made for it because they are nothing special and would cost a lot to ship. There are 2 small holes that are about 6 inches away from each other and shown with a quarter to show size reference. I cant really see any other holes. On the door end (or at least the one I used for the door) some of the stitching allows a small amount of daylight in as shown in picture but again stitching is very good. Some of the stitching from around the stitched grommets are loosening a little. As far as the other grommets all are good except when I got the tent there were a couple of grommets on the wall corner that were not installed at factory (no sign of a grommet being there). Some one, perhaps in the heat of the battle had cut holes to allow for lacing of corner rope. I had taken it to a tent repair shop to have two grommets installed. They had cleaned up the holes, put a backing on them and ran stitches back and forth to sturdy up the area. They then installed the new grommets, along with putting new ones along that whole edge. They may of had to remove the original grommets to repair the two holes, but anyhow the one corner has newer grommets along it as you will see by the picture. They are bright brass-not the faded---but it is a quality repair. Very few of the ropes do not look vintage correct but I assume that and the tent poles can be found. I did purchase the metal stove pipe jack and used it at that elk camp. Upon folding the jack bent and paint is now cracked where that metal was bent. These can be purchased new old stock from numerous places if that bothers you---or just remove it. The black on the tent looks to be some soot. Here is a Youtube vid link. 1st Youtube post-video quality is not that great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KQCEH74RAY
Last edited by Fabuloco on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Fabuloco
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class
Re: FS: WW II Officers Tent 24-T-323

Post by Fabuloco » Sun May 21, 2017 6:39 pm

Trying this link for photo slideshow
http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/Fabuloco/slideshow/

tranham
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by tranham » Mon May 22, 2017 6:21 am

Good tent. Just needs the right poles.

Fabuloco
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by Fabuloco » Mon May 22, 2017 8:43 am

Thank you tranham. It is a good tent for being so old. It is just impractical for my uses and it truely belongs with someone who can appreciate it and show it off the way it should be.

Fabuloco
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class
Re: PRICE REDUCED!--WW II Officers Tent 24-T-323

Post by Fabuloco » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:31 pm

Bump

CPTBOB84
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by CPTBOB84 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Where is the tent located?

Fabuloco
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by Fabuloco » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:57 am

I am located in southern Idaho. Twin Falls area.

Fabuloco
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class
Re: Considering Offers...WW II Officers Tent 24-T-323

Post by Fabuloco » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:03 pm

Bump

hannabago
G-Civilian

Post by hannabago » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:24 pm

Hello, Still considering offers or has the tent sold.

Fabuloco
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by Fabuloco » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:12 am

Yes I am still considering offers. Feel free to private message me. Thank you.

Return to “Living History / Reenacting Wanted, For Sale”