WTB: Demill M1A1 Bazooka

Living History / Reenacting uniforms, field gear, and equiptment, Wanted, For Sale (NO EBAY ITEMS) or Trade.
Frankjeep21
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant
WTB: Demill M1A1 Bazooka

Post by Frankjeep21 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:04 am

I'm looking for an original but demilled M1A1 Bazooka!

ng19delta
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant
Re: WTB: Demill M1A1 Bazooka

Post by ng19delta » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:38 pm

My question has always been, HOW do you demil a piece of sewer pipe?

Tankdriver
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Tankdriver » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:38 pm

Worse than that, back when MAC made PVC Repo, the AFT told him they had to be demilitarized. He asked them how do you demilitarize something that was never Military? They told him to either do it, quit selling them, or go to jail...

He started selling a kit with no tube, and would tell you the size of PVC to buy at Lowes, or Home Depot....
1943 WC63...1942 M3 Autocar...1944 M3A1 Diamond T...1942 57mm Anti-Tank

Have owned...M5A1 Stuart

Have Restored...M20

MVPA Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors... https://wtmvc.shutterfly.com/

Bentwood
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by Bentwood » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:33 pm

ATF requirements for reloadable (not disposable) launchers is to cut a hole in the tube the size of the bore and weld a blocking rod across the bore to prohibit loading of a round
Small Arms Armorer/Instructor
44MB
44MBT
45GPW
Always looking for info and gear for the Ordnance Technical Intelligence Teams

dantheman
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by dantheman » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:11 am

I think on reproduction/new made replicas, if it does not have a complete electrical firing circuit then it doesn't have to have the cross pin and bore diameter hole cut it. I don't want to spread miss-information so please double check this and do your own research, but I think this is how some of the reproductions get around having to be "demilled."
-Dan

1945 GPW 267188 (numbers matching)

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Post by W. Winget » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:08 am

As offered at Aberdeen, I have an M9 Paratrooper 2 part model, with replacement handgrip and sight in the box (originals still mounted) and two rounds for $3500. Thats about $500 less than they go for on Gun Broker. Mr. Lee Barlow could fill in any details about it if desired.
V/R W. Winget
PS: Demilled per ATF spec behind the blast shroud (and maybe under front barrel from vauge memory)
Looking for 1918 Standard B 'Liberty' truck parts

Bentwood
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by Bentwood » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:08 am

dantheman,
You are correct. New reproductions with no firing circuit are Ok per ATF. Demil of existing weapons requires cutting and blocking
Small Arms Armorer/Instructor
44MB
44MBT
45GPW
Always looking for info and gear for the Ordnance Technical Intelligence Teams

TimG102
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by TimG102 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:44 pm

Where exactly do I locate the ruling about requirements on new reproductions. I would like to put a copy in my hand for reference.
43 Autocar M3 was M15A1 halftrack

dantheman

Post by dantheman » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:50 am

Not sure I’ve ever seen a copy of an ATF letter regarding a ruling on reproduction bazookas. ATF letters are specific in nature to who inquired and the prototype that specific individual submitted. In other words if I wanted to make a replica to sell but wanted to have a letter from the AFT ruling it a non firearm or non destructive device then I would have to submit a letter to them myself, and possibly send in said replica prototype to be evaluated. Unless it was an EXACT copy of one that has already been classified.

If there is a general guideline on this matter, such as in the description of what constitutes a live destructive device, I couldn’t say. I would say the best place to locate such information would be to start with the ATF website and then possibly email one of the guys making replicas. If that fails then writing the ATF for clarification would an option but they normally will not get into specifics without something to physically look at.

Hope this helps, but it’s probably not exactly what you were looking for. When dealing with the ATF it’s a pretty individualized process.
-Dan

1945 GPW 267188 (numbers matching)

Return to “Living History / Reenacting Wanted, For Sale”