Post by lt.luke » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:10 am

Would like to discuss.

wreckless
Gee Addict

Re: anybody actually HAVE a C&R?

Post by wreckless » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:08 pm

The license itself?

A C&R machine gun?

I have a C&R license. Just received it in September though so I don’t have a lot of experience yet.
Rob
Jersey Wrecking Crew
1943 Ford GPW G503

“In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a Congress.“ John Adams

lt.luke
G-General
G-General

Post by lt.luke » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:35 pm

wreckless wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:08 pm
The license itself?

A C&R machine gun?

I have a C&R license. Just received it in September though so I don’t have a lot of experience yet.
Ok. PM...

wreckless
Gee Addict

Post by wreckless » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:41 pm

Answers inbound
Rob
Jersey Wrecking Crew
1943 Ford GPW G503

“In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a Congress.“ John Adams

finhead
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by finhead » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:15 am

This license lets the gun transfer direct to you with out having to go thru class three dealer. It was not that difficult for me to obtain and the cost is very small. Waiting time for transfer to complete is less than half. Have gotten two items with it so far.

lt.luke
G-General
G-General

Post by lt.luke » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:39 am

finhead wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:15 am
This license lets the gun transfer direct to you with out having to go thru class three dealer. It was not that difficult for me to obtain and the cost is very small. Waiting time for transfer to complete is less than half. Have gotten two items with it so far.
Have you had a yearly inspection?

P3-F/E
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by P3-F/E » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:06 am

To clarify the statement that was made in the previous reply; A class 3 firearm has to be listed as a C&R firearm which lets you purchase that firearm from an out of state dealer or individual with your C&R license. If the class 3 firearm is not listed as a C&R you must go through a class 3 dearer in your state to do the transfer.
An inspection from the BATF can occur at any time but I have not heard of anyone with a C&R license get a yearly inspection.

finhead
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by finhead » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:58 am

Correct. Have had no inspections with c/r license. I had a class 3, about one inspection per year and if anything helpful.

lt.luke
G-General
G-General

Post by lt.luke » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:28 am

P3-F/E wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:06 am
To clarify the statement that was made in the previous reply; A class 3 firearm has to be listed as a C&R firearm which lets you purchase that firearm from an out of state dealer or individual with your C&R license. If the class 3 firearm is not listed as a C&R you must go through a class 3 dearer in your state to do the transfer.
An inspection from the BATF can occur at any time but I have not heard of anyone with a C&R license get a yearly inspection.
I’m honestly not (yet) concerned about class 3 stuff. Just trying to avoid hastle and expense of the FFL transfer. I have read about FFL03 guys being periodically inspected. Yes, they can come “anytime” when it concerns a crime, otherwise they can come “one time” in a 12 month period and are supposed to give you a courtesy phone call to set up an appointment. That’s what I’ve read, but do not yet have the regulation book. Do they send any literature with the permit?

finhead
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by finhead » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:37 am

You will be sent the info on what to do with license

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Post by W. Winget » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:52 am

Had a C& R for 20 years, bought 2-3 out of state purchases with it, never sold. Never had an inspection (or desire to keep a records book) so gave it up.
Friend had one, used to buy and sell a few on occasion, new leadership in local area brought a female inspector to want him to present records, he prepared but was not called in for inspection from memory.

I really only had it to add fluff for my artillery collection. So if asked I could point out I had additional licenses for my collection of weapons, which we know really does not equate to owning a Destructive Device, but 99.999% of the public (and LEO in many cases) do not know anything about BATF and they only desire to hear that you are "licensed" even if it's a dog license.
V/R W Winget

PS: I bought a concealed carry permit merely to add to the database total of CC holders that do not shoot anyone while carrying....I can't recall when I carried a weapon other than military duty, but the cost to fight off some gun control statistician makes me think it's worth the CC permit hassle. WAW
Looking for 1918 Standard B 'Liberty' truck parts

lt.luke
G-General
G-General

Post by lt.luke » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:08 am

Thanks guys!

Bart1015
G-Major
G-Major

Post by Bart1015 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:15 am

I have my C&R and I buy and sell maybe 1-2 guns a year. I have had it for 20+ years and I have no plans to let it go.

C&R licenses are good for a few reasons. For me, I will keep mine to avoid the upcoming ammunition restrictions.

Here in Ca. we are subject to our over zealous elected officials that want to squeeze every penny (extort) from law abiding gun owners.

Starting January 2018, we will be required to submit to a background check and additional fees every time we want to purchase ammunition. All internet ammunition sales will need to be shipped to a Firearms Dealer in order to complete the background and to collect the extortion fees.

With a C&R you can avoid the background fees and you are permitted to buy ammunition over the internet and have it shipped to your residence. This applies to ammunition that is for modern guns. It does not only apply to C&R guns.

Ca. Still gets additional money from C&R owners by requiring them to obtain an annual Certificate Of Eligablility (by submitting the related fees) to keep the C&R valid in the state.

Brett
1942 VEP GPW, J-2 winch, BC-659, 1919a4
1945 GPW, 1943 MBT
Sold - 1967 M151a1, 1943 MB, M416
www.ToThePointPolygraph.com

Return to “Weapons”