WTB M1/M1A1 Thompson Display Gun

Demilitarized vehicle weapons and static display accessories
Carolinamv
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

WTB M1/M1A1 Thompson Display Gun

Post by Carolinamv » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:34 pm

I'm looking for a real USGI demilled M1 or M1A1 Thompson with a dummy receiver for display or a replica that looks completely real.

Do they make a metal and wood airsoft Thompson ? Would that be the better option?

Not sure what route to go. I have $ or a original M1903 for trade for a real demilled Thompson
MB 217454 DOD 8 March 43 ACM 118981 USA 20310334, S on cowl -Fully Matching MB-
MVPA 36501
Colorado Springs
Jay B.

thompsonbarrels
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major
Re: WTB M1/M1A1 Thompson Display Gun

Post by thompsonbarrels » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:34 pm

It depends, there are some nice looking replica's that cost less, if you want an investment, then an original parts kit on a dummy receiver will cost more, but be worth more in the future.

Carolinamv
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by Carolinamv » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:17 am

Any idea where to get the parts kits on the dummy receiver ?
MB 217454 DOD 8 March 43 ACM 118981 USA 20310334, S on cowl -Fully Matching MB-
MVPA 36501
Colorado Springs
Jay B.

ktrip
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by ktrip » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:03 am

I've got a M1A1 with an IMA aluminum receiver if you're interested. Everything is original except the receiver and the furniture.

Jayhawkmickey
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by Jayhawkmickey » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:52 pm

I'm right in the middle of putting original wood Thompson stocks on a auto ordinance airsoft I picked up on Craigslist for $40. I snagged three vintage stocks at a swap meet years ago for $5 each. The auto ordinance airsoft Thompson will direct fit the rear stock without the battery of course. Front stock will fit with very minor changing of the angled screw hole to a 90 degree hole. The grip will NOT fit because the motor for the airsoft is in the handle but I'm aging the plastic with the same stains as the wood and it should look fine. Even the hardware will swap from plastic to wood versions. Metal upper and barrel, very realistic, good and heavy, and looks like a great 5 footer or better. PS rustoleum weathered wood roof accessory paint looks just like parkerizing.
1943 Willys mb,
WWII First Infantry Recon re-enactor,
WWII pigeon equipment collector.

Assaultdriver
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by Assaultdriver » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:05 am

Before I SBR'd my Auto Ordnance/Kahr M1A1, I got a TOKYO MARUI M1A1. It came with plastic furniture, but an after-market wood set was also available. After some use, with dings and scratches, it looks very authentic. If you decide to go the Airsoft route, some things to consider: don't discount the Hong Kong Sellers. Even with shipping, they are sometimes cheaper than the US Sellers, and with better products. Then too, sometimes they ship with red muzzle covers instead of painted or orange plastic muzzles, which would have the be repainted or replaced. And trademarks are often just covered over with black plastic tape. So, you get a hi quality 1:1 scale reproduction, with trademarks, with good (but not actual) weight, and can play with it too! (Don't laugh, it's FUN!) I mounted an original Kerr Sling on mine. And if you're going to display it, use low capacity magazines since the hi-caps have unsightly winding devices on the bottom. And don't forget to remove the BB's! Nothing worse than BB's rattling around when you drive, display, or demonstrate. TOKYO MARUI. They pretty much invented Airsoft and are still the go-to brand.

Greg Lalonde
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by Greg Lalonde » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:11 pm

i have a tokyo mauri thompson m1a1,that i have worked on it to look like the real thing.i installed original thompson stocks,except for the pistol grip.the stocks were like brand new,so i put some scratches on them before i stained them,i scratched up the plastic grip then used a dark leather dye to darken up plastic to match the wood.you need to apply the leather dye for a couple of minutes,then wipe it off.i took the the receiver( after using a light steel wool to remove the white lettering) to an engraving shop to have the proper lettering(trade mark) engraved on it and it looks great.i took a original 20 round mag,heated it up enough to melt the hard plastic lower, mag well,slid in the mag,and it fits like a glove. a full 30 round mag gives it a nice heavy weight. try this.i think you will like it.

Return to “Weapons”