Been awhile but, I finally got a trunnion thanks to a member on 1919a4.com. Also built another to work on since I already filled the other one with crap. I managed to get the chewed up barrel jacket on to the trunnion threads. I had to heat the jacket with a propane torch to get the solder out. Once it threaded it got tough so I heated it up again and metled beeswax into the threads and it worked. Always wanted to try that on something! So, my next move will be to make a front sight and figure out how this thing will go together and still be serviceable as a gas gun.
I'm glad its nice enough to have the windows open but, all my shiny metal artwork has flash rusted. Need to start thinking about paint options