m2hb replica

Demilitarized vehicle weapons and static display accessories
mmike
G-Major
G-Major

Re: m2hb replica

Post by mmike » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:59 am

Very sorry to say, I have none. Rick at BMG parts sometimes has obscure items that measurements could be obtained from if he's receptive. I always wanted to duplicate the shock mount the B17s used but time ran out before I had the chance to measure one up.

mmike
G-Major
G-Major

Post by mmike » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:35 pm

The shock mount that was mentioned here wouldn't be too hard to reproduce until you arrived at the grips! I don't know how you'd shape those by hand in a convincing way. I always wanted one of my M2 ac mock ups mounted in one. A well worn jeep with a makeshift shock mount and ac .50 would be a good rendition of an SAS jeep. Make sure to festoon it with plenty of jerry cans, rope, and worn out axis and allied field equipment! There is a picture of one floating around this site of a good example.

alpaca andy
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by alpaca andy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:15 am

Here are a few pics of mine completed. Up here in Canada we are not allowed to own a replica gun so it has to be a real one, either live or neutered. Hence they are like hens teeth and when they are available, more to buy than you can imagine. I needed one for the halftrack im restoring. Thanks to some on this board I was able to complete the small stuff i was missing
Attachments
m2a1-0251.jpg
m2a1-0251.jpg (140.9 KiB) Viewed 2212 times
m2a1-0248.jpg
m2a1-0248.jpg (147.95 KiB) Viewed 2212 times
1943 M2A1 Half Track
Because everyone with guns needs an armored vehicle to carry them in

mmike
G-Major
G-Major

Post by mmike » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:29 pm

Very nice indeed!

TopKick
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by TopKick » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:45 pm

Outstanding! However, what's the beef with a replica? 8)
"Keep 'Em Rolling"
TopKick

"Until it's melted down and turned into something else, or blown to Smitherines, it's restorable"!

alpaca andy
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by alpaca andy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:07 am

TopKick wrote:Outstanding! However, what's the beef with a replica? 8)

I believable back in the 90s, when the liberal government brought in a huge amount of draconian gun laws they realized they couldn't take away the full and converted full autos, so they made a law saying real firearms deactivated arnt prohib, in other words they were hoping they would eventually be deactivated and in the long term disappear as only people who had the firearm pre law were grandfathered to own them, and would deact them either before or after their death and give to a family member. Deactivating would get those "evil" guns neutered and they could live with owners having them. If you owned a toy replica pre 1995 (when all new laws passed) you could still own it, but it had to be treated as a real firearm, no taking it outside and playing etc. The exemption to this is if it is a firearm replica of a pre 1898 its ok. So in real simple terms, I can drive around with a deactivated 50, or even a real semi auto only 50 ontop of the halftrack, but a replica is a fed jail offence. This is not to say even with the real or deactivated one it wont stir up trouble when i go through the drive thru at the local donut shop lol

don't think this can happen to you in the US? our government was exactly what you have now in office

Andrew
1943 M2A1 Half Track
Because everyone with guns needs an armored vehicle to carry them in

TopKick
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by TopKick » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:27 am

I know there are those who would like to see it happen here in the USA, but I do not believe it will happen as long as we have the NRA, and other pro-gun lobbies, and a majority of Americans who will say Hell No! I also believe this coming November is going to be a huge wake up call for many Democrats. Draconian? I say FUBAR!

So, has anyone been working on a replica lately? 8)
"Keep 'Em Rolling"
TopKick

"Until it's melted down and turned into something else, or blown to Smitherines, it's restorable"!

mmike
G-Major
G-Major

Post by mmike » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:34 pm

I haven't passed this way in a while but I'd like to see any of you're replica progress. Post some pictures if you feel like it.

mbatvburg
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by mbatvburg » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:48 pm

No progress on my replica but still have the bug. Restored a 75mm pack howitzer for display. Picked up a 1946 Atlas metal lathe to clean up and get running. (Think trunnion threads......:)
Also picked up a big lot of of receiver chunks. These were de milled with the guts inside!
Hope all is well with you MIke!

Brendan

I've had a jeep or two

mmike
G-Major
G-Major

Post by mmike » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:13 pm

Man! What a find! I could've done something with those pieces a couple of years ago. As for trunnion threads, you could cut the outside 2 11/16X18 and turn the inside to the bushing diameter and forego the threads there unless you want to put an a/c jacket there. I can't wait to see the progress!

Martese
G-Private
G-Private

Post by Martese » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:15 pm

Hi Mike

upload some photos of the my proyect M2, parts manufactured in Argentina and other imported.

hope you like it
thanks Marcelo Artese

mbatvburg

Post by mbatvburg » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:02 pm

Beautiful work!
Brendan

I've had a jeep or two

Martese
G-Private
G-Private

Post by Martese » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:59 pm

Hi a new photo

thanks

bigkaiser
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by bigkaiser » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:00 pm

Do not think that it cannot happen here either.......saw this crap yesterday!! https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/s213/text

Cobra Doc
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Cobra Doc » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:32 pm

bigkaiser wrote:Do not think that it cannot happen here either.......saw this crap yesterday!! https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/s213/text
I noticed a loophole, how hard would it be to make a replica M2HB fire paintballs?

Return to “Weapons”