FS: WWII 75mm Gun and 105mm crates

Towed Artillery, Wanted, For Sale,(NO EBAY ITEMS) and Knowledge Base
RobL
G-Major
G-Major
FS: WWII 75mm Gun and 105mm crates

Post by RobL » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:00 pm

Hi again from the Arcadia Ord Depot (aka, my garage)

I crafted these for Fury a couple years ago – took a pile up to the MVPA convention last weekend.

Excellent, period correct crates to display with your well restored WWII vehicle!

Four crates:

SOLD 1) 75G for APC-T $150
three (empty, sealed) tubes and two of my repro cloverleaf endcaps packed inside the wooden ‘lobster trap’ style crate. Tubes inside and the crate are correct size and style for WWII. Tubes sealed with black tape and white ink stamping of nomenclature for Armored Piercing rounds. Brown staining of the wood and the yellow crate markings are period correct. This crate is built to display as is – don’t bust it open thinking you can unbolt the endcaps, unwrap the ord sealing tape, and open the tubes. These are not built to do that. Display as you see them here.

Perfect for you 75mm Sherman gunners, and 75mm TD guys. Or just an excellent item to haul around in your well restored Weapons Carrier, jeep, MBT trailer or 2 ½ ton truck heading for the front lines!

SOLD 2) 75G for M48 HE $150
three (empty, sealed) tubes and two of my repro cloverleaf endcaps packed inside the wooden ‘lobster trap’ style crate. Tubes inside and the crate are correct size and style for WWII. Yellow ord tape on the tubes to indicate HE rounds. Brown staining of the wood and the yellow crate markings are period correct. This crate is built to display as seen here.

SOLD 3) 75G for APC-T $115
two round crate – empty, no tubes inside. With original WWII latches. Can be opened. You can use this crate to properly stow your ammo for your next trip out to the range. A nice handy, useful crate. Good size for stowing in a jeep or halftrack!

SOLD 4) 105MM HOW crate $135
This crate is empty – and sealed shut. End caps do not remove. Wingnut is fixed in place. Made a bunch of these for a sequence in Fury where a battery of 105s are banging away in the background while the tankers drive past. Crates and tubes were littered all over the place. Looked great. Filmmakers shot the sequence. But it didn’t make the final cut. This is the last survivor of that set decoration.

105 crates make a statement! And a nice period-correct addition to your vehicle’s stowage, and I can report that it also makes a handy camp bench.

Estimate about $30-40 to UPS Ground one of these to you.

PM me here, and we’ll work out payment and shipping details. Paypal preferred, but happy with checks from G regulars.

Thanks very much!

Rob L.
Arcadia Ordnance Depot
Last edited by RobL on Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Goranwc51
G-Major
G-Major

Re: FS: WWII 75mm Gun and 105mm crates

Post by Goranwc51 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:15 pm

That 75mm crate would be so perfect for keeping stuff in bolted to the front bumper of my Dodge WC51. Unfortunately it's too heavy and bulky to ship to Europe with out breaking the piggybank completely. Wish there were drawings out there that I could use to make my own...

Goran N

RobL
G-Major
G-Major

Post by RobL » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:25 pm

Hi Goran

Yes, it is a handy crate. Thank you.

And I bet if you ever visit the War and Peace collectors market in England - you'll probably spot a few of these crates there for sale.

After the film wrapped, mountains of the remaining crates were sold off. Most were bought by the re-enactors who participated in the film. And since then, some have been seen for sale at that big annual market.

Good luck!

Rob L.

Goranwc51
G-Major
G-Major

Post by Goranwc51 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:27 pm

Thanks Rob,

Thanks for the tip,

Take care,

Goran N

RobL
G-Major
G-Major

Post by RobL » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:36 am

HI
Boxes 2 and 3 have sold. 1 and 4 still available.

Thanks Stephen A.

Rob L.

RobL
G-Major
G-Major

Post by RobL » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:58 pm

Hi

the 105 crate has sold.

the 75 Gun APC crate for three rounds is still available!

Thanks

Rob L.

RobL
G-Major
G-Major

Post by RobL » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:04 am

All crates have sold

Thanks gents

Rob L.

Return to “Artillery”