artilliery tow light wiring

Towed Artillery, Wanted, For Sale,(NO EBAY ITEMS) and Knowledge Base
philipgslattery
G-Captain
G-Captain
artilliery tow light wiring

Post by philipgslattery » Tue May 03, 2016 9:02 pm

Howdy all,
I am trying to assembly the tow light pieces for the 37mm antitank gun and need assistance with the wiring to the tail light itself .I cannot find a diagram and the ordinary trailer wiring I assume is different.

The wires in the light cable are colored brown, pink, white , and a pink/red/brown( the earth).The upper bulb of the light seems to have 2 contacts and the lower 1.

( I have wired the connector plug at the vehicle end of the cable as for the trailer - is this correct? )

Can someone please tell me what goes where.

Thanks
Philip

TopKick
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: artilliery tow light wiring

Post by TopKick » Sun May 08, 2016 5:38 am

Phillip,

Pretty easy stuff. From your description you have the bakelite plug stuck into the recepticle on the back of your vehicle with the wires installed, and now you want to connect to the single tail light. OK the wires are long enough that you should be able to get ahold of the end of the cable and have a seat in your vehicle. In the event it isn't long enough you will need a buddy to assist you. Take a continuity tester and touch one end of an exposed wire in the harness. Turn on your lights, and see which one lights up the tester. Mark that wire accordingly. Next step on the brake pedal to see which cable lights up the tester, and so on until you are mission complete. Have fun Pard! 8)
"Keep 'Em Rolling"
TopKick

"Until it's melted down and turned into something else, or blown to Smitherines, it's restorable"!

philipgslattery
G-Captain
G-Captain

Post by philipgslattery » Wed May 11, 2016 1:43 pm

A Top suggestion. Thankyou TopKick.
Philip

philipgslattery
G-Captain
G-Captain

Post by philipgslattery » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:34 am

TopKick, mission accomplished.We did what you suggested.I didn't know about the test light but have now seen it in action. Worked well.The completed 37mm atg tow light setup is now complete.
I will have a drink to you tonight.
Thankyou
Philip

Return to “Artillery”