Questions on international shipping of inert ordnance.

Towed Artillery, Wanted, For Sale,(NO EBAY ITEMS) and Knowledge Base
lowellb44
G-Private
G-Private
Questions on international shipping of inert ordnance.

Post by lowellb44 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi everyone I know this may not be the ideal place to look for help on this topic but i'm looking for any help i can get on the subject at all and i know a few people around the forum here sell and trade inert ordnance. I'm new to the world or ordnance collection and have the misfortune of being located in the United States far away from where most of the relics from my time period of choice (WWII) are located. The biggest issue I am running into is that there are laws prohibiting shipping things such as shells with their projectiles. I understand that you can send shell casings without too much trouble but the projectile seams to be the cause of all the issues (seeing as most of them were designed to explode i can see why people would be concerned by them). However I know that on my side there is the ATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) that I could contact and find out all the forms and such I would have to fill out to get these items into the states. However I am not current on the way most of the governments over in Europe handle these things. I was wondering if anyone here can tell me if I am simply bashing my head against a wall trying to get anything from Europe of if there is a way for me to get permits to have some of these beautiful relics of days gone by to my side of the big blue puddle separating me from them. If anyone has any advice I would be very grateful for any and all I can get. I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me with this. Thank you all for your time and consideration. Also if anyone knows where i might find a KwK 43, Flak 18, Flak 41, or a Sherman tank round I would be interested in any leads i could get on that too. Thank you all again.

Return to “Artillery”