Artillery Field Plotting set/kit

Towed Artillery, Wanted, For Sale,(NO EBAY ITEMS) and Knowledge Base
tfb5701
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class
Artillery Field Plotting set/kit

Post by tfb5701 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:30 am

**Pictures at the bottom of the page**

This appears to be an artillery plotting set made for use in the field to command a battery of Soviet-made M1937 152mm guns. As you can see in the photos, there is a leather covered pad on one side as well as backpack straps that allow it to be worn as a backpack. From what I can tell, this item was never used(transported a lot but never used). The exterior shows wear and there is some age to the inside from being stored in adverse heat over the years, but the original packing paper etc. was intact. One interesting point is that this set is written in English. This would seem to indicate, based on my research of the gun that this set is associated with, that this set was made for export to a foreign, non-soviet, country.

This was originally brought back by a soldier from either Afghanistan or Iraq. It was discovered in a bunker. From my research on this gun, it appears that some of them were noted to have been used by the Northern alliance in Afghanistan. So my best guess is that this might have been from Afghanistan, but I have no proof. I have done extensive research and checked with people and no one seems to of seen anything like this before.

The only condition issue that may not be pictured is that the "briefcase" handle has detached from one side. The plotting table actually folds out a bunch on either side so none of the pictures show it fully deployed. As you can see, everything still has the packing paper on it and between the leaves of the foldable plotting table.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or if you need better pictures of a specific part. The best way to contact me is to email me at tfb5701@yahoo.com. This is for USA sales only. $300 plus shipping.

Return to “Artillery”