for sale or trade 2 M-series 5 ton 6X6's M246

Military Trucks 2 1/2 ton and greater, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base

Moderator: kw573

bobc
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

for sale or trade 2 M-series 5 ton 6X6's M246

Post by bobc » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:43 pm

I have had these things on my lot since 1998 and now it's time for them to go! Two trucks one low price,the first is a very rare 1954 M-246,which is a 5 ton 6X6 boom truck with a fifth wheel,these were built special for the Air Force as crash recovery trucks,they had a special lowboy trailer to place the downed aircraft on,I don't have it but I will include another 5 ton 6X6 semi tractor,it's pretty rough but has a lot of good parts, but back to the 246,it is very complete,no rust that I could see,it is the gas engine,which is supposed to run,I never did anything with it,it was just too big to fight with,but the engine has been sealed up all these years,I'll try to get out there with a big breaker bar and see if I can get it to move at least,although most people will want to replace it with a diesel anyway! The truck is very complete,the front bumper is missing but you could use the one off the tractor truck,there is a front winch with the roller assembly,the boom is all hydraulic and everything appears to be there,the truck cab is in really good shape,all the data plates are intact,as are all the gauges and controls,some glass is broken but intact,the boom control cab is intact and complete as well,there are supposed to be 4 outriggers with feet pads,one of the pads is missing,there are supposed to be 2 boom braces which increase the load capacity by locking the boom solid so you aren't putting all the weight one the hydraulics,only one of them is present,those two things are the only things that I know for certain that are missing,very good candidate for restoration,or just get it running and use it as is,I bought it for a friend who was going to use it to build log cabins,until he found out what they wanted to register the thing,it weighs 31,800 pounds and Arizona doesn't have an exemption for vintage trucks.
The tractor truck is pretty rough,the gauges are all busted out and there are many missing pieces,they used this truck to keep the boom truck running,it looks like the drive train is all intact,although they said this engine didn't run, if you want you can strip this truck of all it's usable parts and leave the rest behind, I have air and torch you can use, you can even camp out at my place while doing it!
I have clear Arizona titles on both trucks! The trucks are located in Fredonia AZ,which is 3 hours east of Las Vegas, 6 hours north of Phoenix and 6 hours south of SLC,basically in the middle of no wheres, but close to 5 national parks so bring the whole family!
I'm asking $2500 for both trucks,will trade for WW2 weapons,1919 or M-2 kits!
You will have 6 months free storage to get them moved,after that I'll charge $50 a month storage,I've learned the hard way if you don't charge storage stuff tend to never leave!
I have a half-track and CCKW that I can use to help you load them,the tires will probably hold air long enough to move it,there is a pile of extra tires and rims, none of the tires are going to be road worthy.
If interested please email me at rcchell@xpressweb.com or call at 928-643-7809,this is a house number,if no one answers leave a message and I will get back to you ASAP!
M-2-A-1 White half-track, 41 CCKW SWB (yard truck), hoping to start working on my G-506 open cab.

bobc
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: for sale or trade 2 M-series 5 ton 6X6's M246

Post by bobc » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:45 pm

SOLD PENDING FUNDS
M-2-A-1 White half-track, 41 CCKW SWB (yard truck), hoping to start working on my G-506 open cab.

bobc
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by bobc » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:28 pm

I left this posting up here for a full month and no one contacted me,so I put them on Ebay and received a very good offer in less them an hour! The big yellow monster left yesterday,what an ordeal!Image

clintm20
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by clintm20 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:27 pm

Thanks for saving that and helping it get to a good home.
Green Trucks and High Tides Forever

Diamond T M3 Half-track Serial # M32971 USA 4045956
Autocar M3A1 Half-track Serial # M3A1-47825 USA 4053835
Autocar M16A1 Half-track Serial # M15A1-1945 USA 40150662

bobc
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by bobc » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:36 pm

A couple years ago when the price of wrap went through the roof I was offered $5000 for them,but I knew they would just cut them up and I couldn't let that happen! The guy that bought them plans on a full restoration!

Return to “Trucks 2 1/2 ton +”