Wanted Diamond T 969 spare wheel mounts

Military Trucks 2 1/2 ton and greater, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base

Moderator: kw573

jack neville
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant
Wanted Diamond T 969 spare wheel mounts

Post by jack neville » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:23 am

I have a Diamond T 969 wrecker that is missing all the wrecker gear so I am rebuilding it with a cargo body. I have a timber body of the correct dimensions to fit which was removed from a Mack. The body needs total rebuild so with new timber all the metalwork is available. I don't have the front spare wheel mounts that attach to the front of a Diamond T cargo body. Does anyone have a set, or even one that could be replicated. Even accurate drawings or detailed photographs to assist in make a repro. Any assistance appreciated.

Jack

SDEREN
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major
Re: Wanted Diamond T 969 spare wheel mounts

Post by SDEREN » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:46 pm

I have a 969 as well. Luckily it is all complete.
I can't remember where at the moment, but I do remember seeing a thread of some Europe guys completely rebuilding a wooden bed cargo T. I don't think it was on the G, but its out there......some where.....on the inter web!
If I find it again I'll post it.

Sean
MB
M38
T16
1.5 Chevy
CCKW 352
Diamond-T 969

jack neville
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant
Re: Wanted Diamond T 969 spare wheel mounts

Post by jack neville » Sat May 27, 2017 1:35 pm

Just bumping this up.

I have seen the resto of Weaselman. A lot of good info to glean from that fine restoration.
I can build spare wheel mounts from the pictures but I am surprised that there are not a couple of rusty originals lying around that no-one wants.

Return to “Trucks 2 1/2 ton +”