Well here is some more updates from Ray with the bed
"Well, after about 2 hours of cutting bolts from the floor and loosing bolts from the left side rail, everything is looking good. Needed a little help to lift the side off but, as we did the tailgate frame just fell off the bed... The wood that held it on has completely disintegrated... as you can see from the pic's, there is nothing left of the wood behind the frame... The left side panel is in great shape and will still be used... the floor board that was just under the panel broke apart and will need to be replaced... everything is looking good, but it looks like that I might just replace the floor because the edge looks bad... Tomorrow I will clean up the rear tailgate frame and get it cleaned up and start to take the floor off to replace the stringers... The stringers all need replacing..."
"Well, I finally took a look at the rear stringer on the deck and it is completely gone... there are a few pieces to give me my measurements to replace the missing ones... The piece that is left on the bed as you see is in three pieces... Started cleaning up the tailgate bracket and also started taking the floor off... these bolts are coming off quite easily as I am only using an open end wrench... The floor bands look good and need a little sand blasting, primer, and paint and they will look good as new..."
And here is what I have done over the past few days All the brake lines are done with stainless
Made the brake line a little to long so i made it bend a little bit
Fuel lines done almost
And here was my first attempt to weld sheet metal never did this before tried the fill in method but that didnt work well so i tried something new. It took me little to get the hang of it but I think for being self taught I did pretty good.
Here is the wiper mount
I have become a good grinder
Here is the fuel fill hole that I filled in
I also welded in a plate for strength behind the lower fender
Till next time