What has happened to Gentry's Garage and his G7123

Military Trucks 1/2 ton thru 2 ton, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
gentrysgarage
Sergeant Major of the Gee

What has happened to Gentry's Garage and his G7123

Post by gentrysgarage » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:24 pm

HiYa guys,
Been awhile posting a thread, I have been monitoring you OD green fanatics and raiding your tech for my own nefarious needs...Bwah Hah Hah! LOL!!!!

Just kidding ...well maybe some truth to the above statement. Two of our tech posters (Cody and Dave) asked what I was up to, I gave a short answer in Dave's thread and it felt a little hiJacky so I didn't post in Cody's thread.....(Oh by the way I meant to ask you, Dave, after you sate the woods thirst for linseed oil, if you wanted to paint it could you?). Back to the topic. What have I been up to...
I had bought the last M135 from Mr. Lockwood that he had. had tons of trouble with shipping companies..thankfully he was very understanding. The idea behind the M135 was I was going to put the G7123 body on it as my frame was and (even the section I saved) is toast. Finally got it home and the boss and kids fell in love with it so it is getting restored/restified ...for fuller details please go to my thread here: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthrea ... -came-home
And once I was ready to start making changes, I moved it the thread to the modding forum here:
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthrea ... nd-M-Build
Plus I got a YouTube channel that the hands-on guys might enjoy here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiUuhK ... jBw/videos

I felt that this forum and mainly the trucks is more geared towards the WWII trucks and all jeeps (seems Jeeps know no vintage! LOL!) and aside from a handful of people, the forgotten GMC (M135/211) had virtually no info here for me.

Another reason I stopped starting threads was I couldn't post pictures and was not going to pay PhotoBucket. I could post pics at SteelSoldiers (they get scaled down sadly)...even though some are MIA right now I will try and fix the dead pics.

I am working on a bed design that is a hybrid of the G506/M135 bed

Well, that is about up to date, the lull in the videos was due to weather and sickness delays...but I will try to make them more regularly. Speaking of videos please like and subscribe...it helps my videos move up the youtube food chain!

Remember I am always watching you!!!!! LOL!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Proud caretaker of U.S.A. truck 3219442-S 1943 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine 1 1/2 4x4

D.R.H.
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: What has happened to Gentry's Garage and his G7123

Post by D.R.H. » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Wow Thad, Things at Gentry's Garage have really blown up in the past couple of years. Things can get a little tricky with soooooo many irons in the fire, but you are the head of a pretty great built team there, and I know that you guys will be able to get everything done pretty quickly. Please don't ever feel that your questions are "a little Hijacky", I didn't read into it that way. I am always happy to talk to friends from home. Yes, I can prime and paint the wood gates for my trailer later but want to see what the entire project looks like first. I am going to leave that decision for later.
I watched your videos on You Tube and like what is happening. Keep up the good work and keep having fun. D.
In Loving Memoriam: George R. Hancock. 20 Mar. 1938 - 11 Jan. 2017. U.S.A.F. 1956 - 1962. R.I.P. Dad.
In Loving Memoriam: Ann Hancock, 08 Mar. 1934 - 25 Sept. 2021. R.N. 1960 - 2005. R.I.P. Mom.
Thank You BOTH for always being there.

My YouTube Channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaMKEv ... M3g/videos.

gentrysgarage

Re: What has happened to Gentry's Garage and his G7123

Post by gentrysgarage » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:11 pm

D.R.H. wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:59 pm
Yes, I can prime and paint the wood gates for my trailer later but want to see what the entire project looks like first. I am going to leave that decision for later.
I watched your videos on You Tube and like what is happening. Keep up the good work and keep having fun. D.
Thanks Dave!
I like how your wood came out and I think it looks great unpainted. I was filling your wood rescue technique for future use and have seen lots of troop seat sides needing the attention you gave your wood! Thanks to my E-wrecking Krewe it is more fun that's for sure (and the two littlest ones love going after rust...I am so blessed!).
Proud caretaker of U.S.A. truck 3219442-S 1943 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine 1 1/2 4x4

Return to “Trucks 1/2 ton thru 2 ton”