Ciney Militaria show (Belgium) - April 30, 2017

Tracked, Halftrack, etc... Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base

Moderator: Kevin Lockwood

Tapper02
G-Major
G-Major

Ciney Militaria show (Belgium) - April 30, 2017

Post by Tapper02 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:54 am

Hey guys,
Just got back from a weekend trip, mainly to check out the Ciney Militaria show in Belgium. It's apparently the largest such show in Europe, but is not widely publicized...over 550 vendors in two huge halls, and lots of vendors outside as well at makeshift stands. Watching videos of past shows, I saw a lot of vehicle parts so thought I would give it a go.
I used Friday and Saturday to hit up the Ardennes American Cemetery, the German Cemetery in Foy, and the multitude of museums/memorials in the area, with the show on Sunday. While the show was definitely focused more on militaria, there was some amazing vehicle related stuff. The German stuff was incredible, from kettenkrad parts to sd.kfz to Panzer, Panther, Tiger and King Tiger items. Jerry cans galore, at very reasonable prices (from 10 euro to 50 euro), German and American ammo cans, German and American crates of all kinds, crates of tombstone ammo cans, brass and projectiles, marble reflectors, etc....you name it, it was probably there.
I managed to score a long pintle .30/.50 combo cradle with tray bracket for 350 euro, and a .30/.50 ammo tray for 35 euro, tail lights and reflectors for my M10, trailer light socket and a couple of other odds and ends. Passed a few items up early in the day with the plan to go back and either couldn't find the table again or the item was long gone.

Below a few pics of some interesting halftrack items (not pictured are the NOS crated front roller and the two crates of NOS bogies).
First thing I ran across was an NOS fuel tank in the crate...no joke! I wish I had thought to ask how much, but it wouldn't have fit in my suitcase:

Searched for 3 years for one of these MP-52 radio base brackets before finding one in France. Cost me an arm and a leg to get it to the US. Ran across two (2) at the show...one for 80 euros and one for 100 euros...ugghhh:

M3A1 canvas top

Air cleaner

Another .30/.50 long pintle combo cradle w/out the tray bracket. He was asking 300 euros:

I didn't want to waste the 8 hours the show was open to take video or photos of the Halls. If you're curious what it's like, just do a search on Youtube for Ciney Militaria, sit back and enjoy.

Want to throw out a special thanks to Remy for meeting me at the show to hand off an M10 trailer receptacle box. It was great meeting and talking to you!

I met a few other contacts for radio gear and halftrack parts...maybe they will pan out.

-Tom
1944 Autocar M3A1 Halftrack
1944 Schelm Bros. M10 Ammunition Trailer

MVPA # 30507

MachMan
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Re: Ciney Militaria show (Belgium) - April 30, 2017

Post by MachMan » Tue May 02, 2017 1:19 pm

I was there too, it puts Stonleigh and Malvern into perspective!

I collected 16 NOS bogie wheels and picked up a couple of guages missing from my restoration.

Where was the crated roller? Missed that !!

Martin
MB 237021 Restored !
International Halftrack M5 under restoration !

Return to “Tracked”