I am trying to get the wiring harness ready to start the Clark. I am setting the system up as it originally was with the following:
1. Positive grounded, 6 V system
2. 6 v generator built to original specs by vintage generator shop
3. 6 V coil
4. new wiring harness made as depicted in the TM
I am having problems understanding and figuring out the following:
1. Which side of the ammeter is (+), is it the side that depicts a Charge (+) on the front?
2. The light and ignition switch have a (+) symbol marked under one of the posts. The other one is unmarked. I'm assuming one of the posts is the Feed, but I am not sure which one is it.
3. Wiring coming from the engine harness to the instrument panel that is supposed to be hooked up to the light switch, which post do I use? Do I use the (+) marked post or the unmarked post?
4. When routing the wire from the (-) post on the coil to the ignition switch, which post do I use? (+) or the other
5. The red/white wire going from the ammeter to the light switch, which post do I hook it to?
6. The wire from the negative ammeter terminal to the starter switch, does it mater which side of the starter switch or which post I hook it to?
Just looking for some guidance before I proceed.
Thanks very much.