WLA 42 of Russia

Military Motorcycles, and Other Military Two and Three Wheeled Cycles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY) and Knowledge Base
Evgeny
G-Corporal
G-Corporal
WLA 42 of Russia

Post by Evgeny » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:50 pm

Hello. My name is Evgeniy. I'm from Russia, I live in the city of Samara. Unfortunately, I do not know English and translate through Google translator. But I want to talk) I have a motorcycle HD WLA42 - got from his grandfather. I am engaged in it for about 10 years. Slowly))) I really like this bike. I want to make him a motorcycle for permanent use. Slightly I rework it. In the photo it is collected in a heap. Built recently. Now plug has chrome. In Russia we have very little information on it - though many motorcycles left. Here I want to join your community appreciate this model of motorcycle. And in the near future I plan to try to sell spare parts to WLA42 and our M72 and K750 on Ebay. I would like to ask you some questions about this, as the potential buyers. Issues related to delivery, customs, with details of the prices you. In general, please accept in your ranks and treat with understanding to my attempt to communicate directly with overseas friends.
Attachments
Мот в сборе менее 256кб.jpg
Мот в сборе менее 256кб.jpg (252.9 KiB) Viewed 2218 times

Evgeny
G-Corporal
G-Corporal
Re: WLA 42 of Russia

Post by Evgeny » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:53 pm

I have a few questions for you as customers. At what time it is most convenient for US residents to make the closure of the auction? Day time? How many days is better to put a lot? What parts are most interesting to you? What parts you find difficult?
There are many questions, I will ask as needed. I hope you can help me understand the intricacies of your soul and character of productive cooperation with you.

Evgeny
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by Evgeny » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:55 pm

Weird. I neither do or don't want to communicate with Russians? So many views and no answers. I come to you with all my heart, openly came for advice. Won't you help? You are not interested spare parts for WLA, which is hard to find? At home I run several threads on the forums of similar subjects. And we sometimes write people from other countries badly knowing language. All are welcome and everyone is always help and advise. Also sell a lot of parts in Russia and Europe for several years. Would very much like to cooperate with you.

Lib45
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by Lib45 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:16 am

Hi Evgeny.
Welcome to these forums.
There has been some bad experience with russian/ukrainian sellers and buyers lately, probably reason why most readers keep their distance....
Your bike looks like a nice project,good luck with it.
As a dutch guy with many global wellknown partssuppliers in my country, I do not have any trouble finding parts...OEM or reproduction.
Some parts are more scarse than others, but that's the game really..

Evgeny
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by Evgeny » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:02 am

Hello, Lib45. I am glad that at least someone has decided to speak. Regarding the distrust of Russian sellers - do not judge by two or three people. I is not even the seller - pass registration, do as open account. I give the most complete information about yourself as eBay and paypal. Verification of information takes them a long time, but it is better for buyers - to know about me more information and to trust me.
I'm still only thinking about selling to the West and trying to figure out all the details and features of the buyers from America. I would like to better understand your mintalitet to further provide a better service. I am a very responsible attitude to their duties, as a seller. I want people to trust me and took pleasure in doing business with me. For me it is more important than profit.
Well, on this site I came, not only as a seller or buyer. I like the bike, I'm living it for a long time. In Russia, not at all sites that specialize in this model. Only a couple of the different sites and all. The bike we have a very popular, but information on its restoration or who does not want to split. It is sad. I wanted to create a website, but did not get. The result is now referring to a page on one of the regional sites, it attracts collectors and lovers of the motorcycle, who rides on it. Sometimes you can learn a lot of interesting) And I was byrad conversation here with you.

Evgeny
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by Evgeny » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:11 am

Concerning my project was 42 in the photo - I build a motorcycle for a ride, but there are still many of the original parts, and I decided on this basis to restore another motorcycle in the original. The first will be in chrome, slightly altered, but so that he could always return to the original view. Neither of which is strongly not stand, do not I cut - hand does not rise. Still, this motorcycle has retro, though we have it and not rare. Not very fond of Russia's busy with it because it is difficult with small parts, screws, nuts. We inch fasteners to be found. And I do not want to put the remake. Because of this restoration takes years. I am the original bolts bit by bit throughout Russia and CIS) Not really in a hurry to part with them, those who have it. Or ask for a huge amount for a pair of rusty bolts (

OLDABEWLA
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by OLDABEWLA » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:33 am

The new bolts and nuts made here in the USA are made in the same fashion as back in the 1940's were made.

(Colony) in my opinion make the best hardware for old Harley's

☆OldAbeWLA☆
☆42WLA Harley-Davidson #19,246 Type III

Darth_Kitten
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by Darth_Kitten » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:53 pm

I just tore down a Russian return, and it was a mix of metric and standard fasteners, and lots of washers... What a mess.
1942 M3 Diamond T Halftrack
1945 42WLA
1944 Studebaker M29C Weasel
Jul '42 WC-55 (gone)
Feb '42 Slat Grille (gone)

MVPA #27536

Evgeny
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by Evgeny » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:24 pm

OLDABEWLA wrote:The new bolts and nuts made here in the USA are made in the same fashion as back in the 1940's were made.

(Colony) in my opinion make the best hardware for old Harley's

☆OldAbeWLA☆
I agree with you, but we are not for sale. And buying from overseas is expensive for me. This week we fired half the workers. The rest moved to a shortened week (3 days work). Salaries are cut (This too is the reason why I want to try to trade on ibey. Another possibility zaraboat currently do not see.
Darth_Kitten wrote:I just tore down a Russian return, and it was a mix of metric and standard fasteners, and lots of washers... What a mess.
Unfortunately I could not hear your message. Translator provides a set of incomprehensible words. If you mean that to buy something in Russian and half metric fasteners proved, it is quite possible. For a long time operation of motorcycles strongly altered, and not only on fixture.

Evgeny
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by Evgeny » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:45 am

He exhibited at ebey multiple products up for auction. Like and views were tracked items, but for some reason no one wanted to buy anything. Price even with the UPS Express not higher than competitors. I want to clarify the community, can I do something wrong? Why no one has even tried to contact me in the messages to buy or offer your prices? Due to the lack of experience in sales on Ebay? But as he was then earning? Now I put two lots with affordable postal services. Maybe someone wants to buy something from them. I need experience in sales and your help. Help please understand.
My lots: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141963361813?ss ... 1555.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141964428374?ss ... 1555.l2649

Waiting
G-Private
G-Private

Post by Waiting » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:40 pm

Privyet, Evgeny,

Rather than starting your auctions so high, start them at one dollar and set the reserve price for the minimum you are willing to sell the part for.

gary

Evgeny
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by Evgeny » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:17 pm

Waiting wrote:Privyet, Evgeny,

Rather than starting your auctions so high, start them at one dollar and set the reserve price for the minimum you are willing to sell the part for.

gary
Hello, Gary. You may be right, thanks for the advice. But it seems to me that the reserve price is not very fair condition. And so I put the minimum for which I agree to sell it and in comparison with other lots are quite level. Again, as I'm from Russia and with zero experience in sales, price navryatli reaches the desired. And every time perelistavat lot for the money will be unprofitable. I have the task of typing and revising the limits, start to put more expensive items. Forks, fenders, tanks, etc. Cheap but I'm not ready to give up the goods. Because it is in a normal state in the USA is more expensive than I sell. In any case thank you for attention to my subject.

Waiting
G-Private
G-Private

Post by Waiting » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:30 am

Evgeny, it's psychological. People will often bid up to and above the reserve price when starting from a lower price, even though they won't bid that much at first. They have to do it gradually. It sounds crazy but it's true.

Regarding pricing, these spirals, identical to yours, sold for $157 with $6.50 shipping costs. The seller has an excellent rating.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-NOS-OEM- ... B9&vxp=mtr

On that page, next to the final price, click on "17 bids". You will see that he started the auction at $14.99. You put a reserve price on it so that, if there aren't many bidders, someone doesn't steal your item for almost nothing.

Being a new seller, from a country that does not engender trust, is a handicap for you. Perhaps it's unfair, but it may be unrealistic for you to expect the same price. In your situation trust will have to be built a little at a time. Start with small items.

I will tell you, I lived in Saint Petersburg for 2 years, from 1998 to 2000. I met some very good (dobri) people there. My friends, Irina and Misha, are the most trustworthy people I know, we still email each other several times each month. So, I don't assume that all Russians are untrustworthy, just as I don't assume all Americans ARE trustworthy.

gary

Evgeny
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by Evgeny » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:47 am

Thank you, Gary. Because not ignored my request and respond. Your opinion is very important for me. People are really different, regardless of country or nationality. I do understand that to me would be biased now and then. Even when I'm gaining experience and good reviews still remain for the majority of Russian. I do not take offense to it.

Regarding the price, I paid for a large batch of spare parts and do not have much opportunity to reduce cost and risk. In Russia, little NOS parts, and they, too, are here in demand. I would have to sell their home without losing in price. But I know that customers like to Ebay NOS parts. And I decided that I laid out such details could break the deadlock in my zero-rating. Let the lost portion of the profits. But apparently wrong.

Okay. It's all the lyrics. I want to ask, I am having some difficulty with the assembly of my motorcycle. I could not understand. Can anyone here tell you which parts of the audio signal is mounting, and in what order they are fastened?
Attachments
Крепление клаксона1.jpg
Крепление клаксона1.jpg (108.11 KiB) Viewed 1603 times

Lib45

Post by Lib45 » Sun May 15, 2016 4:35 am

What part do you mean Evgenie; that blackened fibrating plate?
The horn is mounted on a rectangular plate with two small and two larger holes.
The two small holes just need a screw and nut (right side of the bike), and the two larger are used for this fibrating plate with two special bolts.
That's it.

Return to “Motorcycles & Bicycles”