WLA with sidecar?

Military Motorcycles, and Other Military Two and Three Wheeled Cycles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY) and Knowledge Base
Drew Ballard
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

WLA with sidecar?

Post by Drew Ballard » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:28 am

We've finally got my dad's WLA up and running with the minimum of leaks and I've had a blast just cruising around breaking her in. This really got me missing having my own bike. I had an MC license a full year before I had a car license when I was 16. I haven't really ridden much since i had to sell my Triumph when I was 20.
Sooooo, I'm looking into getting my own bike again. I'd really like a WLA, but I'd also like something that I would be able to share with the little lady to keep bit-ching to a minimum. I know it was not very common but did WLAs ever use sidecars in the ETO? I'd really like to get something that would fit in with the rest of my ETO vehciles. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.
Drew Ballard
90th Division (reenacted)

7/27/43 GPW; '43 Bantam T3; 4/21/41 CCKW-353-B1; '44 Ben Hur ; 11/44 42WLA ; '42 WC-27; '45 EAT; '41 WC-7

faabala
G-Major
G-Major

Re: WLA with sidecar?

Post by faabala » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:38 am

Drew Ballard wrote:We've finally got my dad's WLA up and running with the minimum of leaks and I've had a blast just cruising around breaking her in. This really got me missing having my own bike. I had an MC license a full year before I had a car license when I was 16. I haven't really ridden much since i had to sell my Triumph when I was 20.
Sooooo, I'm looking into getting my own bike again. I'd really like a WLA, but I'd also like something that I would be able to share with the little lady to keep bit-ching to a minimum. I know it was not very common but did WLAs ever use sidecars in the ETO? I'd really like to get something that would fit in with the rest of my ETO vehciles. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.
Drew,

WLAs did not have sidecars in the US service. Big twins "U" models did; though they are much harder to find. Russians and Australians did put sidecars on their WLAs. If you are interested in WLAs join my Yahoo group. I posted about it a couple of days ago.
Dave Thomas
1942 Harley WLA
(FORMER MEMBER) MVPA#24602

JOIN MY 42 WLA yahoo group
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/42WLA/

Return to “Motorcycles & Bicycles”