Looking for replacement parts numbers

Amphibious Wheeled Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY) and Knowledge Base

Looking for replacement parts numbers

Postby Quacken » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:13 am

Hi all. I have hull #17856 and when I got it, it was a tour dukw. I started to restore it but lost my mind along the way and turned it into an RV that I've been living on in the James river here in Virginia for the last 2 years. I do have ORD 9 SNL G-501 for parts numbers and Rex's number on speed dial but I'm looking for replacement parts numbers I can get here in the states. Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks...
Quacken
G-Private
G-Private

Re: Looking for replacement parts numbers

Postby Steve Greenberg » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:22 pm

Hello,
What parts are you looking for?
Steve
42 M3A1 Stuart Light Tank
44 GMC 2 1/2 Ton Amphibian Truck (DUKW)
Steve Greenberg
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Postby Quacken » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:58 pm

Hi Steve, I'm looking for anything and everything. lol.. This is my daily ride and stuff like brakes wear out. I've had them re-lined but they are bonded and they don't hold up too well in and out of the river. Instead of rebuilding the carb I would love to replace it.. ect, ect..
Short list of what I've found so far -
Fan belt = Gates TR28437
Front wheel cylinder GM-5451212 = W3406 (Wagner) $29. each
Rear wheel cylinder GM-5451214 = w3677 (Wagner) $44. each all off of 1950 GMC 1/2 ton
I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel, just want to keep them rolling and still having beer money left...
Quacken
G-Private
G-Private

Postby Steve Greenberg » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:25 pm

Hello,
I have been using both bonded and riveted brake shoes on my DUKW for a long time and have no problems with either type. I installed a 2 barrel Rochester carb on my DUKW about 20 years ago. I have had no problems with it. I do not remember the model number. I am at the MVPA Convention right now. If you want the model number I can get it for you when I get back home. A local auto parts store had a 1 to 2 barrel carb adapter that worked just fine. I have some current parts numbers at home I will post for you when I get back.
Steve
42 M3A1 Stuart Light Tank
44 GMC 2 1/2 Ton Amphibian Truck (DUKW)
Steve Greenberg
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Postby W. Winget » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:11 pm

Funny how things turn up, I live on the James River (Isle of Wight, Carrollton by the James River Bridge) have two dead DUKWs, never knew there was one around the area, let alone running.
Guy built a replica 1917 tank locally, I heard nothing about it till it was done and he did all the research in the museum that I'm a member of the Collections Board, no one on the staff mentioned it, and I have a WWI Liberty or the same era with full shop to make parts/repairs.
Go figure, never know what's in your backyard sometimes.
What "part" of the James would you live on?
V/R W Winget
Looking for 1918 Standard B 'Liberty' truck parts
W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Return to Amphibian, DUKW, GPA and other wheeled amphibian