Complete Willys L Head Engine, Sold

1945 - 196*, Willys CJ series jeeps, NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
uglyjeep
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Complete Willys L Head Engine, Sold

Post by uglyjeep » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:29 pm

Hello,

I have a Complete WIllys L head engine to sell or trade. Previous owner said it was from a CJ2A but I suspect it to be a CJ3A engine with some CJ2A parts, such as the early style, non ribbed cylinder head, and possibly the manifold and carburetor. The serial number pad has faint numbers, and I am unable to read them at the moment. The engine comes complete as shown. Previous owner pulled it out of a working plow jeep years ago, and he claimed to have oiled it up and kept it in garage storage ever since. It turns over freely, and I do not see any signs of damage or cracks in the block. This looks like a great engine to rebuild, or with any luck maybe you'll get it running without much trouble.

Here's a link to a slide show of photos of the engine, please let me know if you need more...
http://s840.photobucket.com/user/jeepol ... s%20engine

The engine is located in Mukwonago, WI. Pick up very much preferred, but we could probably work out shipping if you really want it. If you are near a Fastenal store, they may be able to help us with the shipping, and their rates have been reasonable in the past. I can hold it for a little while if you need me to, but sooner is better for pick up.

Asking $400 for the complete engine and all attached accessories shown, or I'll trade for two or three WWII combat rims or a good small hole fuel tank for our '42 GPW.

SOLD

Thank you,
Daniel

Last edited by uglyjeep on Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve Webb
G-General
G-General

Re: Complete Willys L Head Engine, possibly CJ3A with CJ2A p

Post by Steve Webb » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:11 am

It has a mounting plate for a 2a and a 2a fuel pump. Looks pretty nice. Engine number would be nice to figure out.
Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross Psalm 55; 9-11

Return to “CJ For Sale”