Ramsey PTO Winch....... SOLD

1945 - 196*, Willys CJ series jeeps, NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
uglyjeep
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Ramsey PTO Winch....... SOLD

Post by uglyjeep » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:17 pm

Hello,

I have a a Ramsey Y246-R, 8000 pound PTO winch for sale. This came on my father-in-law's 1946 CJ-2A, and was dismantled because the large bronze drive gear was stripped. He had ordered a new gear (a very expensive piece) from Ramsey, but it is made a little different than the old one. One would need to machine the new gear to match the 6 bolt flange mount on the old gear, or broach key way slots in the new gear to match the old hub. Some work may be required to the main shaft depending on which route you choose. You should also plan on new worm gear bearings and seal, and I am unsure of the condition of the bushings for the spool. It appears that Ramsey still can supply all the parts for these winches since the winches are still used in their heavy duty industrial line, so this is a great opportunity for someone who has the time and inclination to rebuild this winch. Everything shown in the photos is included, and it appears like all the parts are here. When the large gear stripped it did not damage the worm gear, it still looks good. The rest of the winch parts look pretty good, with no obvious signs of damage that I can see.
Located in Mukwonago, WI. SOLD. I am happy to work with you to find the cheapest shipping method, or local pick-up is also welcome.

Thank you,
Daniel

Last edited by uglyjeep on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

uglyjeep

Re: Ramsey PTO Winch,fixer special, $200 or trade combat whe

Post by uglyjeep » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:24 pm

I am sorry, I do not know why the pictures above we're cut off, below is a link to the pictures, that I hope will work :)

http://s840.photobucket.com/user/jeepol ... ey%20winch

Return to “CJ For Sale”