Mighty Mite FEST?

1959 - 1962, Mighty Mite, M422, Wanted, USED PARTS FOR SALE, and Knowledge Base
rob w
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Mighty Mite FEST?

Post by rob w » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:37 pm

Hello Mite Board.... :D

Here's a message to everyone.... even you "Lurkers".... :shock: Time to chime in....

I've been talking with a few guys on the board about this for a while.....
There is some momentum in MM's these days and a lot of new mite restorations out there.... Wouldn't it be cool to try and get together a bunch of Mighty Mites for a rally or MIte Fest? (Long weekend 3-4 days....with trail driving, swap parts, ideas, etc, have some meals, get to know the guys/gals etc.)

Who's up for something like that? Sounds like fun doesn't it?

We're thinking 2016 is already booking up, but maybe 2017? Location at this point is undetermined.... middle america seems to make some sense, if we get the numbers, (Tom Price and Rod Tarnow...could make a huge turnout by themselves)...... I could be talked into a hosting Northwest Mite Fest at some point.... buy I'm not sure that serves the mite board very well..... The west coast guys would be happy.....and there are A LOT of them now :wink:

International guys.... UK, France, Italy, Austria, Greece, whoever else... I've talked to a lot of you.... , You are welcome to chime in as well....if you are willing to come over we will try to help make it easy for you..... (there are more mites out there than you think guys....!)

Let's get a dialogue going.....who would be interested in something like this? .... and....where are you from?

It might also be time to do a new Mighty Mite Roll Call ?

Feel free to post your thoughts on the board or shoot me an e-mail at flxdsn@gmail.com

Thanks,

Rob
Last edited by rob w on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lj nettles
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant
Re: Mighty Mite FEST?

Post by lj nettles » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:40 pm

Rob this is a great idea! count me in. My M422 is in the Chama, New Mexico area at my log home and my primary home is in Orange County, Ca.

Leonard nettles

Bill H.
G Moderator
G Moderator

Post by Bill H. » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:11 am

That sounds like a hoot!
Bill H.

"Each shall seek his own kind, in other words, a bird may love a fish but where would they build a home together?" Tevye, Fiddler on the Roof

1952 Dunbar Kapple M100
1953 Willys M38A1
1962 AMC M422A1
1965 Stevens M416B1 X 2
1967 Kaiser M715

2 Timothy 3:1-5

Babadave
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by Babadave » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:22 am

I would be on board for this as well !

As a "West Coast Guy", personally speaking the ultimate spot really doesn't matter. I would be on board for just about anywhere West of the Mississippi :wink:

We'll get a discussion going. Thanks for thinking this up Rob
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."
Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller

skinnedknuckles
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by skinnedknuckles » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:31 pm

Rob great idea, we have the Weaselfest in Iowa and now possibly a Mighty mite fest. I may be in for it too depending on location and dates. This will give me a chance to finish up mine for 2017.
Paul
Paul in Janesville, Wi
Havin' fun turnin' wrenches and burnin' wire in Wisconsin

Radar4xfour
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by Radar4xfour » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:27 am

Rob,

Way to go, count me in for attending and to help organize! After all we can't expect just one person to take on the task of coordinating such an event.

West of the Mississippi works for me.

When dates and location are established I'm game to help out with a direct mailer for those who are not online.

Radar

rob w
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by rob w » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:59 pm

Leonard, Bill, Dave, Paul (skinned knuckles) and Paul (Radar), Tom, Marco, David,........... Thanks for the feedback.. seems to be some interest..........Keep it coming....

Also heard from a few guys off the board...

Will put together a mailing list at some point and may need a few e-mails.

Can't wait to see the picture of 10+ mites lined up :D Probably not since the 60's

So far the west and midwest are tied :wink: Though Chama NM would be pretty cool Leonard..... just saying P.S. Say hi to Sonni...

Paul (Radar) thanks for the help offer....was planning on leaning on you!....but thanks for speaking up first......

Feel free to chime in with ideas guys..... or shoot me an e-mail... I helped put together weasel fest I and II at Mike Howard's place and that was a bunch of Fun.... Hey, Mike Howard in Western Iowa has a couple of Mighty Mites....maybe I should talk to him.... :roll: Centrally located!

2017 still gives us plenty of time to plan, and get Mighty Mites into top running order (or projects started )

Thanks,

Rob in Idaho

lj nettles
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by lj nettles » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:50 pm

Rob I don't mind hosting the event at my cabin and shop in New Mexico. I can make my cabin available. The cabin has 5 bath rooms and two kitchens; we should be able to accommodate at least 12 people. We might have to use some cots but at least the cost for motels and meals can be eliminated. The second option would be to camp out on my 10 acres and use the cabin to clean up and make meals. I also have room for those that have RV's. My cabin is 3 hours north of the Albuquerque Airport. The closest town is Chama which is 12 miles from the cabin and does have motels and RV sites. As an event, we could ride the Cumbres and Toltec narrow gauge Railroad which is an all day event.

Leonard

rodusmc1962
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by rodusmc1962 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:43 am

Rob I would do whatever I could. Rod.

rob w
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by rob w » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:42 pm

Hi Leonard,

Thanks for getting back and the gracious offer to host at your place! Wow.... that is above and beyond the call!!... I think we should definitely take you up on it at some point if not for the first Mite get together....

For those who don't know it, Leonard's place in Chama,NM is in a VERY beautiful part of america.... with great views/trails/scenery.... and the Cumbres and Toltec is a GEM in itself...http://cumbrestoltec.com/

Let's keep talking about the Mite Fest concept and see who's interested...where they're located etc and start to look at what makes sense....

Rod, thanks for your feedback....and YES, I was thinking you maybe could give a TALK on your experience as a Mighty Mite Driver in the USMC! I'm sure the owners would love to hear some stories, and experiences....

Thanks guys, lets keep this going, maybe we can start talking to those guys you know who aren't on the board and who have Mighty Mites.......

Rgds,

Rob

Zeeboo1947?
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by Zeeboo1947? » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:39 pm

Hey guy's I just joined this forum,but I've had my mite for about 3 years.I would be in on a MM get together. I live in central cal,but I'm retired and can travel. Hope I'm not too late to get in on this,please keep me informed.

SC397
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by SC397 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:00 am

I really hope this idea works out. As with any group attempt to organize a gathering, it will take that one leader to say, "OK, the First Annual Mighty Mite Meet will be on these days and at this place". Planning now for 2017 is a good idea but the sooner the basics are down, the better. I am all ready planning my 2017 with car envents and now adding a couple of Farm Tractor events as well as a potential Mighty Mite event that I want to go to.
Somewehre in the Midwest would be the best for me but of coarse, I am a little partial.. :D

Radar4xfour
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by Radar4xfour » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:40 pm

Yes, I'm also game for a Mighty Mite gathering. And yes Midwest is also good for me, I'm in MN. However this leaves the CA folks a bit of a distance to travel. I'm not sure about east cost owners. Regardless I'd be willing to travel a 1,000 mile radius from Minneapolis to make a Mighty Mite gathering.

Radar

Stephen Davis
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by Stephen Davis » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:33 pm

I'm in New Zealand & would be in. Just do it Rob. The enthosist will follow. Its always bigger the 2nd year.
To follow this on line, story's pictures, vidios etc.
Just to far & to much ching for me & wife.
I have also followed the Mog Feast on line, I'm GREEN with envey, :mrgreen: hu hu ha.
Sticker.
UNIMOG DOWN UNDER
1953 one ton GS trailer
1961 Mighty Mite M422A1
1986 Unimog 1300L
1971 Serries Skippy Land Rover, Son's drive.

lj nettles
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by lj nettles » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:37 pm

Did the interest in the Mite fest die?

Leonard

Return to “M422 Mighty Mite”