A bunch of photos of Mutt Motorpool M151A2 for sale

1959 - 1978, M151, M151A1, M151A2 jeeps, NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.

A bunch of photos of Mutt Motorpool M151A2 for sale

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:04 pm

Hi folks,
I posted a page with a bunch of photos of the Mutt Motorpool High Performance M151A2 thats for Sale;
http://www.muttmotorpool.com/Super_MUTT.html

Happy Mutting,
otter
www.muttmotorpool.com

Blitz Buggy Bob
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Enclosed top & sides makes for Pleasurable Driving too!

Post by Blitz Buggy Bob » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:31 pm

Just one question ~ Do headset ear protectors come with this thing? With that top enclosure, the noise decibel level inside that M151 has to be somewhere up there in the Gama Goat range. Had for a time, an M151A2 with that same hard enclosure, sliding windows and all. Had to run with the doors off to help cut down on the tremendous echoed sounds. Some very thick matts and carpets in layers helped somewhat too but still it was bad.

What are these "High performance" enhancements? Looks like a regular carbed 4-cylinder in there. Did somebody say that this M151 has a 4,500 pound winch too? The vehicle itself doesn't weigh that much and it's a tin unibody. Let know me please when you intend to demo the M151A2 with 2-ton + winch. Have never before seen an M151 fold in on itself like a crushed beer can.

This sounds like just another hyped up fish story rigged to hook some newbie with a fist full of cash.

How much for this thing? EIGHT-GRAND ??? Why not go for the whole enchilada and pump the price tag up to perhaps ~ $12,000.00. Then the buyer will feel better when he beats it down to an even TEN-LARGE!

BryanR
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by BryanR » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:27 pm

Bob, check out Otter's webpage on the modifications he did. Some are pretty interesting. Certainly not from a historical or originality stand-point, but there's a lot of people who only view the 151 like a CJ5 or 7.

Bryan
Bryan
Ford '67 M151A1
Stevens '67 M416
M274a4 Mule

The Modifications are documented on muttmotorpool.com

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:44 pm

If you know me and have kept up with my website over the years you will see that I have always had a great respect for the M151 series of vehicle, their history and preservation. I did the modifications to the mutt to improve its driveablity, and to improve the efficiency of its engine. the sstock exhaust is an engine choker.!!! Look at my site! it highlights fine restorations. But there is more to Mutt than just history and preservation. They have the potential to be superior off road vehicles. The price I'm asking reflects the costs involved in the vehicle. I don't think of Mutts as just another JEEP, or CJ5..... but to each there own... My Mods are all easily changed back to stock... if you want and inefficient engine...
Read the details and get to know where I'm coming from before calling me a money grupper... and take the hard top off it you like, its easy...........:-)

happy mutting,
otter

Eddie Holland
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Eddie Holland » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:38 am

This is a very nice Mutt. I use to own the thing in about 1992. I still have alot of memories from that Mutt. Like the night I buried it to the top of the fenders with my girlfriend , who is now my wife of 10 years. We had to walk out about a mile and get someone to pull us out. That reminds me John, I still have pictures of it that night. It was nothing but solid mud. You cant even tell it is camoed from the photos.
I sold it in about 1994 to buy an engagement ring. Was sick until I was able to buy another in 2000.

If I had not bought another A2 last week I would be after it now. Its a great Mutt.
Eddie
42 GPW 12/30/42 Matching #'s 88,638 being restored
Restoring
M-151 Ford
M-151-A1 Ford
M-151-A2 AMG restored
2 M-416 restored
restoring 2 M-100s

Yep its agood Mutt

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:55 am

Yep Eddie, its a great Mutt, and I'm going to miss it, and want it back, Just like you.

As far as modifications go's, the biggest modifier of M151's was the US military. These vehicles were constantly modified in service to suit the need of the mission... Look at the USMC FAV! lots of modifications done at the unit level...The only time a lot of M151's were "pure" was when they left the factory and then again when they were restored after leaving service.
The Mods I did were in an effort to adapt the vehicle to the use I wanted to make of it, which was a powerful, excellent running, smooth idling, effiecent driving machine, for daily around town driving, back road exploring and occasional trail riding.....I love seeing perfectly restored Mutts, look at the Mutt Motorpool pages of Mark Withams Restorations, talk about good looking, and historic accuracy. I don't understand the anger aroused in some folks by doing well conceived and easily reversable modifications to inhance performance...... especially mods that take nothing away from the vehicle.... only add drivability and fuel ecomonomy.

My attorney drives a M151 to work, so anyone that cares to slander me on this forum or accuse me of missrepresenting the vehicle I have for sale can expect to hear from him........:-)

happy mutting
otter

BryanR
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

otter

Post by BryanR » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:19 am

Otter, no offense implied by my post. I've installed a K&N air filter in my 151, using the instructions on your site. I hope even after you sell your 151 and Goat, you keep the website up as an instructional aid.

Thanks for the good work!

Bryan

Did you ever put many miles on your Goat? That vehicle fastinates me....
Bryan
Ford '67 M151A1
Stevens '67 M416
M274a4 Mule

otter
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Mutt Motorpool

Post by otter » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:18 pm

Thanks Bryan,
No offense takin,
I did take a bit of offense at the comments of another whom I will not name...But that person dosn't know me and didn't even bother to look at the articles on my website.
I've only put a few miles on the goat, its a wild and crazy beast and If it hasn't sold and the Mutt sells I might keep it. The only resaon I have my vehicles up for sale is that I got financially behind due to damages to our house and the loss of thousands of dollars in tools from a flood last summer. I hate being in debt! So I'm not get out of military vehicles, just regrouping. I hope to keep making the website better and as soon as I can will get another mutt. Can't imagine being with out one for long..... :lol:
Some of the finest restorers and collectors of M151's in the country are friends of mine and my modifications don't bother them at all..

happy Mutting ,
otter

Return to “M151's For Sale”