free good mutt pwr pack

1959 - 1978, M151, M151A1, M151A2 jeeps, NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
chuckh
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

free good mutt pwr pack

Post by chuckh » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:16 pm

One good MUTT pwr pack for free. Located in Warner Robins GA. It is surplus to my needs. The only stip is that someone does not get it to re sale.

Chuck Herbert

setoyota@aol.com

Blitz Buggy Bob
Sergeant Major of the Gee

You're too good and generous !

Post by Blitz Buggy Bob » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:31 am

If you were a little closer I'd claim the power pack but would insist on giving you money for it. I'm looking to build a larger capacity serious power generator and figure that an M151 engine setup would be a good basis.

Learned however, long ago, to NEVER give anything away for FREE unless it's to some legit charity deal. Offer something for nothing and all the vultures come out the woodwork.

Any dumpster diving quasi junk man with a pickup truck or a trailer will show up, pick it up and roll it over the same day. Even if he sells it for a hundred-bucks, the guy has made his day's profit. Some of these guys pre-sell other people's goods on spec as routine. It's a slightly heavy item and clumsy too, but for FREE . . . ?

Put a price of some kimd on your power pack if even low ball. There's some good person out there with a broken engine M151 and limited bucks. A small cost aldo helps keep the riff raff away. I think too, that's why they still have pay toilets in places like New York City.

Best of luck !

Airborne Bob
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Airborne Bob » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:24 am

Hey Blitz Buggy Bob,

How are you? Haven't "seen" you in awhile. Are you going to Aberdeen this year or considering going? If you are, please consider signing up for our Aberdeen M151 Cocktail Party on Friday night (see separate post under Tech). I know I speak for everyone when I say we'd love to meet you in person and swap M151 stories. It'd be a blast! If you've got a vehicle you could also hook up with the Convoy from the north coming out of the NH area. Think about it and let me know! Thanks.
Army Basic, AIT and OCS: Ft. Knox, KY (1967)
82nd Airborne Division: Ft. Bragg, NC (1968)
South Vietnamese Combat Advisor RVN (1969)
Owner: 1972 M151A2

Blitz Buggy Bob

Hi Bob

Post by Blitz Buggy Bob » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:25 am

Hello Bob . . . .

Yes . . .I've been out of action . . off n' on! Been in and out of the hospital as of late and in all places . . . New Jersey. Was planning to go to that MV Flea market in Dover, NJ that weekend after the monsoon flood rains slowed down on Sunday morning but ended up in the emergency room of Christ Hospital in Jersey City. Spent a solid week there being poked and tormented by medical demons and released the following weekend. :twisted: Didn't fix things, but managed to slow the rapid heart beat down to 120 ! Arrrgh !!! Headed in again today for another EKG and after that probably to the Undertaker to make arrangments. :shock: Before seeing the grave diggers, I'm going to get a fabulous "Tony Soprano" Italian sub sandwich at this great place we frequent often in Jersey City. At least a person can something good to eat in New Jersey unlike most places west of the Delaware Water Gap. .

Currently here in at the northeast PA forward firebase bunker and big house with Suana and Jacuzzi trying to rest & re-coup. Might depart this neighborhood soon and head back up to the place in New Hampshire next week. Too much riff-raff around these parts in the Pocono region and without me there will be one less. Ha! :lol:

Haven't been to Aberdeen in a few years now. When is that ? May? Still planning to "fix up" this M151A2 and picked up an NOS water pump for the thing. I'm gonna bead blast the thing myself! That should be another debacle no doubt! Ha! :P With the impending road worthiness of the M151A2, the wife has now expressed interest in driving it again. Have news for her . . . . this jeep gets cooking again with the 1/2 ROPS ripped out . . . me and it are headed up to the hundred-acres in New England. Summer fun in the sun , top down, cruising the shores of old Lake Winnipesaukee. :lol:

Need to see how things shake out re: Aberdeen. I could use some R&R in Maryland among the relic King Tiger tanks and crab cakes. :x :lol:

Take good care !

Airborne Bob
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Airborne Bob » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:38 am

Well, above all, here's wishing you a speedy recovery and hoping they get to the bottom of the heart situation and get it handled.

Jersey City though? Do you have to? Last time I was in Jersey City I'd made a wrong turn after going to a Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 151 meeting up in Bayonne... couldn't wait to get the hell out of that whole area... nothing but traffic and 582,862 automobiles driving around chasing one of 98,480 parking spaces. It reminded me of playing musical chairs when I was a kid, only with 8 chairs and 52 kids playing the game.

Anyway, do try to make the convoy... it's not too late to sign up. We're booked at the Four Points Sheraton in Aberdeen, first joint to the west of I-95 at exit 85. You'd like Durango's too... Southwestern cuisine and plenty of Bloody Marys... I do hope you're aware that the American Medical Association now endorses drinking alcohol... say it's good for the heart and circulation. Tell your wife what I tell mine... I'm going to Aberdeen to drink because it's good for my health and I don't want to hear about it, just call my doctor if you don't believe me.
Army Basic, AIT and OCS: Ft. Knox, KY (1967)
82nd Airborne Division: Ft. Bragg, NC (1968)
South Vietnamese Combat Advisor RVN (1969)
Owner: 1972 M151A2

Blitz Buggy Bob

Here we are Hi-jacking this good man's AD to Gossip!

Post by Blitz Buggy Bob » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:27 am

re: Here we are Hi-jacking this good man's AD just to gossip over the backyard fence. !

Bob:

Actually, the reason I ended up in New Jersey at that hospital is because a relative happens to be the Charge Nurse manager of a specific medical facility related to cardiac care. The blood pump doc is also on staff there too! Also, most of the rooms have a nice view of Manhattan Island close to where the World Trade Center used to be once. On the negative side, the food is horrible garbage, most of the nurses there can't speak American or English and the place is filled with illegal aliens as patients, with most coming from Mexico. No kidding! We are being over run with hospital rooms filled by foreign invading lawbreakers while we pay their medical bills through heavy taxation.

On to important things . . . Bloody Marys! That is my sometimes nostalgia drink! I'm not a drinking person in fact but now and then, a good Bloody Mary goes very well with a nice slow paced Sunday brunch.

Was actually taught about drinking Bloody Marys at the Hotel Continental in Saigon while a guest there for a few weeks in the late 1960s. Made friends with a guy name "Jim" from Georgia who used to hang around the dim lantern lit courtyard garden bar region and drank nothing but Bloody Marys. It was that guy who taught me the finer points of the marvelously refreshing tomato juice, vodka, lemon juice, freshly ground pepper, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce drink with a dash of celery salt.

That guy would show up about 1:00 a.m. after he get done "work". While sipping those excellent Bloody Marys at a table under the trees, Jim, myself and sometimes a couple of his associates, would talk politics n’ history while listening to the not too distant ground support bombing. Sometimes that earth shaking activity seemed to be very close causing the Bloody Mary drinks to almost spill out of their glasses. Gawd forbid! Seemed as if the Hotel Continental in Saigon in those times was the Bloody Mary drinking capital of the far east.

The greatest nocturnal Bloody Mary drinking sessions happened just before the Tet offensive during late 1967. At the time, the bad guys were not only close to Saigon stirring up the sheeeet, but were causing more murderous mischief inside the city itself. After Thanksgiving, stuff seemed to be blowing up on a nightly basis in Saigon. Sipping Bloody Marys all night long until dawn with my CIA operative pal within that enclosed hotel bar area seemed like an oasis of safety and relative calm amid impending chaos.

So Bob, while you U.S. Army guys were out in the bush getting eaten alive by fire ants and facing real constant danger, we biweekly paid civvy types were hanging around in Saigon bars, drinking and hiding out in the darkness. Then too, we were in danger also . . . Who knows? Maybe a stray lemon seed could have gotten into our booze and a tooth filling might have been damaged or lost. Then too, there was that big nut thing that dropped off a tropical tree and hit me on the head in the Saigon hotel drinking garden. Like John Kerry . . . did I really qualify for a Purple Heart?

chuckh
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by chuckh » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:28 pm

May i have this topic back? LOL

The pwr pack has been spocken for.

Thank You

Chuck H

Return to “M151's For Sale”