50 - M151 or M 416 rims F/S

1959 - 1978, M151, M151A1, M151A2 jeeps, NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
Todd Mccrimmon

Post by Todd Mccrimmon » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:36 pm

Hello
I have located approx. 50 rims.
Have surface rust from sitting.
Nice overall useable condition.
5 for $100 US
Let me know,
Thanks Todd
easternjeepers@hotmail.com

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:48 am

No ones gonna get rich off off M151 rims for a long time. I know where I can find maybe 1200 mutt rims at $5 ea with a tire on it that is badly dry rotted.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:53 am

Where?

Any Magnesium?

Spike
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Spike » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:11 am

That's not a bad deal. I recently purchased two for $15.00 each and was pretty happy about it. The ones that have been stored outdoors with rubber on, are the normally the worst of the bunch if they were laying flat. Water sits between the rim and the tire and turns the lip into rock candy. The best way to prep steel wheels is to sand-blast them. I've tried wire wheels and sandpaper. You still end up with a slow leak or two.

Just my dos centavos.
For everything there is a season....
Semper Fidelis

Hope for Change.

Todd Mccrimmon

Post by Todd Mccrimmon » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:48 pm

Post a pic maybe I'll buy all 1200
Thanks for the pic that is?,
Todd

Mark Warner
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Post by Mark Warner » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:25 am

Where are they located?

SURPDLR
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Re: 50 - M151 or M 416 rims F/S

Post by SURPDLR » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:45 am

Todd Mccrimmon wrote:Hello
I have located approx. 50 rims.
Have surface rust from sitting.
Nice overall useable condition.
5 for $100 US
Let me know,
Thanks Todd
easternjeepers@hotmail.com

Check out FRONT LINE MILITARY VEHICLES, they have new in the box rims for $24.50ea or 5 for $20.00ea. Thats $100.00 for a set of 5ea new in the box rims.
JEFF HAIN-MATSON
FRONT LINE MILITARY VEHICLES
WRIGHTSVILLE PA
717-252-4489

INDIAN 741
INDIAN 841
MATCHLESS G3
MATCHLESS G3L
AND SEVERAL OTHER WHEELED AND TRACKED TOYS!!

MVPA #1833
IMPS #1726
MVT #9362

dboxjeep

lug nuts

Post by dboxjeep » Mon May 02, 2005 5:13 pm

I need 3 or 4 of those funny style lug nuts. Got any to spare? Doug

Blitz Buggy Bob
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

We need a recovering ex-seller eBay-a-holics forum ~

Post by Blitz Buggy Bob » Thu May 05, 2005 7:47 am

Hi Glen:

Discussed the eBay factor with somebody just yesterday and how that entire experience has changed greatly within the past few years. Started selling large numbers of items on eBay in 1998. For about three-years eBay was almost a gold mine for most small time sellers of odd junk. Averaged about 200 auctions per-week in the pre- "Buy it Now" era. About 35% - 50% of the stuff used to at least sell for the minimum bid with a few for much more.

With the economic recession and millions more eBay sellers in year 2001, prior to 9-11, auction sales in general greatly dropped off. The high times for sellers of small dollar items on eBay never actually recovered after year 2001.

Then eBay became highly successful, very rich and hyper greedy along with being far more complicated. Fees were increased as sales for individual sellers dropped way off. Simply could not afford to list 200 auctions per week and cut it down to about 40. Find that certain "special" one of a kind items still do okay in casual selling on eBay. Those things are few and far between to find and roll over for any profit.

eBay seems to have for time now, a policy to squeeze out the small time Beanie Baby, baseball card and collectible type private sellers. The whole eBay operation is geared today for mercantile outfits with many large marketing companies and stores selling through eBay. As of late, eBay had been giving the axe to many long time semi-professional private sellers and even those in their con game Power Seller program. The smallest infraction of some obscure eBay rule gets a seller suspended or banned forever.

Had 20 auction sales running on eBay last week. Of those, three items sold for a total of about $30.00 gross. My fees for a couple of weeks were about $50.00 so I'm now running in the red on eBay. Currently have ZERO items listed at auction and will limit selling in the future to the minimum. It's no longer worth my while trying to sell the ten-dollar type items on eBay as the listing fees are too high and sales are scarce.

Today, if a person has something to sell online, it's much better to find a dedicated interest WEB site and offer the item there first at a fixed price. To my experience, eBay is best used as the last resort for a selling venue.

Return to “M151's For Sale”