DWTS 1968 M151A1 in Florida

1959 - 1978, M151, M151A1, M151A2 jeeps, NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
Glen the Rotorhead
G-Major
G-Major

DWTS 1968 M151A1 in Florida

Post by Glen the Rotorhead » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:36 am

DWTS = Don’t Want To Sell, but due to a huge pi**ing contest at the condo about parking, I may be forced to sell to comply with the covenant.

NOTE: This is about as complete and nice of a Motor Pool class A1 as you are likely to find. I have expended considerable time and money to make it as correct and pure a pre-1970 MUTT as I can. Therefore, it will probably be of little interest to bargain hunters and stump jumpers, other than to b*tch about the price. And b*tches about the price are of no interest to me. So let’s get the price out of the way upfront: $15,000, where it sits (Cocoa Beach, FL)

Now for those of you still reading:

Features:

1. Ford manufacture 5-68; all original plates including cowl plate

2. Titled and licensed in Florida; daily driver

3. Engine and body serial numbers are only off by the last two digits. I am 99% certain that the engine is original to the body

4. Complete powerpack overhaul in Oct 2004 by Brooks Engine Service (the guys who rebuild packs for Carolina Growler), including all new bearings and seals, timing and cam gears, fiber clutch assembly, and engine mounts

5. Working 1967 RT524 on a 1968 M1029 connected to a 1964 box base antenna; M1029 is on correct sponson extension (missing forward brace). Radio is mounted 1” forward of spec, which allows the rear seat to be folded

6. M4 pedestal with M23 cradle and demil RIA M2HB (unground serial – no internals); 1971 dated ammo box with 100 round belt of excellent dummy ball/tracer (you cannot tell these are dummy rounds without picking them up)

7. Appears to have Mil-Spec rustproofing (at least the holes are there)

8. 1100 rear differential with 10K miles on it; original diff in front

9. (4) balanced Denman military tires with 10K miles on them; 50 miles on spare

10. 2k miles on (4) NOS brake drums

11. 10K miles on complete set of Weebee Webbing seat canvas

12. 1969 dated jerry can

Defects / Modifications:

1. Expert rust repair to forward edge of body tub with some minor patches in driver and passenger floors; no rust through anyplace else

2. Minor surface rust (remember this is a daily oceanfront driver)

3. A few extra holes from an earlier radio and antenna installation

4. Minor dents and a couple cracks in the front fenders

5. Rubber windshield glass moulding needs to be replaced (see spares)

6. Right front brake cylinder leaking (see spares)

7. NO top or side curtains – just the bows

8. Heater is later model in Forest Green (see spares)

9. Kill switch installed in battery box cover

Spares / Extras:

1. (2) NOS A1 windshields
2. (2) NOS windshield vacuum motors
3. (2) NOS windshield wiper arms
4. (4) NOS spark plugs
5. (4) NOS brake cylinders
6. (4) NOS brake shoes and springs sets
7. (1) NOS extra tool kit
8. (2) NOS B/O lights for grille
9. (1) Exc T/O A2 hood (came installed on vehicle)
10. (1) Exc T/O grille with blanket clips
11. (1) NOS grille blanket
12. (1) NOS canvas bucket
13. (1) NOS canvas document holder
14. (1) NOS heater assembly in factory 24087
15. Comprehensive set of original manuals, many 1968 issue; varying conditions
16. Set of photocopy manuals to use in shop
17. Spare rewelded M2HB barrel with NOS canvas cover
18. Assortment of new straps from Weebee
19. Mystery box of “stuff”

You can see a pictures at: http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse. ... _id=806216

I will add more soon or take specific pictures on request.

You can contact me by PM or email at gsenkowski1@cfl.rr.com evenings or glen.senkowski@ngc.com days

TIA
Glen the Rotorhead
1968 M151A1 "C Biscuit"
A Trp 1/9 Cav "Headhunters", Feb 69 - Sep 70

Thank God you can call & complain about the .50 on my jeep. And thank people like me that the policeman on the other end isn't speaking Russian or Chinese.

Airborne Bob
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Airborne Bob » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:51 am

REALLY nice A1, Glen. Tell the condo owners' association to go piss up a rope.
Army Basic, AIT and OCS: Ft. Knox, KY (1967)
82nd Airborne Division: Ft. Bragg, NC (1968)
South Vietnamese Combat Advisor RVN (1969)
Owner: 1972 M151A2

Glen the Rotorhead
G-Major
G-Major

I wish

Post by Glen the Rotorhead » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:53 am

I would, but my wife is on the board :cry:
Glen the Rotorhead
1968 M151A1 "C Biscuit"

Thank God you can call & complain about the .50 on my jeep. And thank people like me that the policeman on the other end isn't speaking Russian or Chinese.

Airborne Bob
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Airborne Bob » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:04 pm

Then get a divorce! Ever hear that country song about the guy who's wife tells him it's either her or the fishing, but one of them has to go? She even gives him the ultimatum that if he isn't back from fishing when she gets home, she'll be gone? Goes something like this...

"And I'm sure gonna miss her...
When I walk through that door tonite...
But for now...
I've got a bite..." :lol: :lol:

Glen the Rotorhead
G-Major
G-Major

Uhhhh

Post by Glen the Rotorhead » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:14 pm

Did I forget to mention that she's also a state attorney? If I divorced her, losing the MUTT would be the least of my problems.
Glen the Rotorhead
1968 M151A1 "C Biscuit"

Airborne Bob
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Airborne Bob » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:35 pm

I still think you should get rid of that make-believe .50 Caliber and swap it off for the real thing when nobody's looking. Then go get yourself some live ammo and call an emergency "Board Meeting" in the parking lot next weekend. After that, like they used to say in 'Nam... "f*ck 'em if they can't take a joke."

Good God... gotta be the PTSD talkin'. Get a grip, Bob!

All seriousness aside, you're a great guy to have on this board and I hate to see you part with that MUTT. You seem to have as much fun with it as I have with mine. There's got to be some options here, like bribing the board president. Maybe kidnapping his children? Placing C-4 around the complex and telling the board you're wired? Subtle stuff like that.

Anything, but please don't get rid of that beautiful M151A1!

Blitz Buggy Bob
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Oh My Gawd !!!

Post by Blitz Buggy Bob » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:37 pm

When did life get so complicated?

Makes me glad that we own the acre and a half that this house sits on. There were no restrictions or rules about the 250-feet worth of six-foot high stockade fence on one side between us and the nearest neighbors.

Can run around out there naked (in the summer time) while turning over M151s on their sides for under-carriage work.

Glen the Rotorhead
G-Major
G-Major

Yeah

Post by Glen the Rotorhead » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:41 pm

Things are a little crowded at the front of our place but the back yard is pretty nice. Our nearest backyard neighbors are in Africa and we're constantly having to shoo topless, thong-wearing tourists out of our yard :P
Glen the Rotorhead
1968 M151A1 "C Biscuit"

Angelo

Post by Angelo » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:39 pm

Well,
my 2 cents.....
I know that the guy who's talking to me is not worth the bullet when my Mutt, Mighty Mite or Humvee becomes object of his approval. Being Italian I have certain knowlege of mixing mortar and lay out quick excavations even if I come from Milan and not Corleone....
A rental garage/storage is what you need to keep the retarded alive for another little while, but as I said, attorney or not, whomever got to the point of discussing the disposal of your mutt is already walking with a "shoot here" sign on his baseball cap if the mutt in question was mine. At one point in September I had 7 mutts parked all over my property in a residential... ( 2 restorations in progress, one alost done and 4 repairs for customers) The usual "genious" that lives 5 blocks away, but does not like the view when he drive past my place without obeying the STOP sign (of course... he's above all of us too) went to my next door neighbor to try and fire him up to start a complain with the town or the cops, then he went to the guy across the street.... then I had to calm everybody down otherwise both (next door and across street) were ready to pull him in a garage and choke the jerk without even let me know. Listen to me, get a storage box that you can fit your mutt and start to match your condo jerks: call the cops if someone piss outside the bowl and go by the book... you have the lawyer in the living room.... no need to learn from me.
Again, the cold medication is not really working good....
Angelo

muttman

dwts m-151

Post by muttman » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:49 pm

Boy Glen I feel your pain..after seeing (reading) about all the work you've done and reading your posts we've all come to expect you to be buried in your A1...Angelo's right..find a mini-storage unit to store it in...I'd hate to see you cave in to the association nazi's..I think lifes too short to be without a vehicle that gives much pleasure to drive and show....good luck to you......

Thundershortz
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Nooooo.....

Post by Thundershortz » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:33 pm

No fragging, or blanket parties or that stuff. Positutely no divorcing!!! State attorney? Yikes. But can't your Lovely work within the board? I know those condo assoc's can be unbending, though, tons of them in Jersey. Won't let you fly an American flag outside, most of them.

Shame to have to sell your baby. Your price is more than fair, as I see it, and any buyer is getting some deal. Lots of folks use those storage yards up here, even temporary, till you can work something out. Don't give up yet, brother!
Life is a Banquet...

NSA DaNang '67-'68
Civic Action, I-Corps, DaNang
USS Sunbird ASR-15 New London
Purple Heart, Tet Offensive '68

battlebuggy
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Post by battlebuggy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:25 am

Hi Glen
Hope you find a solution that works rather than selling her. Maybe a new condo/home :) Anyway I know you are selling the whole thing as a package and I am not asking you to break it up at all, but I would like to find a real demilled M2HB like you have there. Could you point me maybe in the direction of a source for them and maybe what they go for? I do not want a phony or airsoft.

Thanks
Glenn

Andrew Bonica

Selling 151

Post by Andrew Bonica » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:26 am

Fla. condo assoociations are a power to be reckoned with. They have powers that go beyond other states. They can make life Hell and sleeping with a board member may not help.

If you want to keep the MUTT and you should, do as Angelo said and rent a storage locker and keep it there. I live in a gated community so I know what you are dealing with.

Good luck!!

Fil Bonica

Glen the Rotorhead
G-Major
G-Major

Demil

Post by Glen the Rotorhead » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:49 am

Hi Glenn. Originally I bought a $1000 IRAC aluminum fake and decided that it was totally unsat. So I sold it at a small loss and bought the basics for my demil M2HB for $1800 (torch cut / band sawed receiver, crappy top cover, battle damaged barrel support, decent charging assembly and backplate, and blaster barrel). The package also included a display-quality M3 barrel, jacket and support (in case I decided to go for the "Desert Rat" look.) I bought the kit with idea of getting it built to semi-auto, but it was too far gone IMHO. So I had it welded up as a dummy, which basically involved adding a piece of mild steel to the front of the cut RHSP and welding everything up on the barrel extension using the M23 cradle as a jig. One clever thing I did was I added the belt guide to the RHSP using drilled and tapped button screws instead of rivets - hard to tell from actual rivets. I have since added a NOS M2 top cover, barrel support and flash hider. I also have an original marked front RHSP section that I might have welded in some day. I figure that I have about $3000 in it, so a real demil ain't cheap! The advantage to my kit was that the back end of the receiver was still riveted together and basically untouched, so it would probably take a full set of internals if I wanted to drop any more money on it. But I don't want it to get so expensive that I would be kicking myself for not buying a semi in the first place. If you want to go this route you might still be able to pick up a demil kit from Sarco (who I don't recommend to anybody). Not sure if they have any left or what the price might be now.

Good Luck!
Glen the Rotorhead
1968 M151A1 "C Biscuit"

battlebuggy
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Post by battlebuggy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:24 am

Hi Glen
Thanks for the info. That is what I basically did with the 30 I have now. I have about 1K in to the 1919 dummy which was done over nice by Ordnance Research in PA. Not cheap for good display guns, especially the Ma Deuce.

Glenn
MVPA
MTANJ

Return to “M151's For Sale”