M151A2 for sale

1959 - 1978, M151, M151A1, M151A2 jeeps, NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:53 am

Believe me, they don't move that fast! I sold my 52 M38 to a fellow in California. He arranged with a hauling company to deliver it to him. The low bed truck came right to my house and I drove it onto the truck and off it went! He called me on occasion to ask me tech questions, but he said that he had no trouble at the border and no trouble registering it. I think a registered broker would be the way to go as they can handle the money transaction as well as transportation. Vehicles are bought and sold around the world, so this is not a problem. We are at least on the same continent. I would suggest that if you are interested, contact me by email.

m-11
USAF E-7 MSgt
USAF E-7 MSgt

Post by m-11 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:44 am

I think there is a big difference betweeen the M38 and M151. I believe and some one correct me if I'm wrong but the M151 was not released to the general public unlike its predesessors. Okay maybe a few were released until the DOT came up with their insane opinion that stopped any further release. Sure not all DRMO's were following this policy due to each individual site ignoring it or delays associated in receiving word of the policy. Anyway, from reading postings on this site and other websites it seems you have to be creative when trying to register the M151 in the states. Over the years I've seen dealers that had these vehicle for sale but their ads stated: FOR EXPORT ONLY.
Not to get off the subject, my fear is spending 9K on a really nice vehicle that happens to be located across the border only to have it seized when trying to re-register it in the states.
I still have not been able to find any information about import companies in the states.
Maybe some of you really knowledgeable people out there can share your expertise on this subject.

Sorry I didn't mean to sound so arguementive.

Thanks!!!
:D

Airborne Bob
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Airborne Bob » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:11 am

M-11,

I'm certainly no expert but I do think you're concerns are not baseless. No one across the border is going to release a vehicle without first being paid in full, that's for sure. Having done that, now it's up to you to bring it into the country. If, as you say, you're laying out 9 Grand, you want to know it's a done deal to get it home, title it, and register it without getting your nuts in a ringer.

Look, you're a "first-time buyer." There's already enough aggrevation, hassles and anticipation without adding to the complications, so, in my opinion, you should eliminate looking at MUTTs across the border for now and concentrate on stateside stuff.

There are uncut stateside MUTTs to be had with titles. For $9,000 (or whatever the price is, depending upon a lot of things) you will find one, in my opinion. In the summer of 2003 I was exactly like you. My posts probably even resembled yours. I looked at as many MUTTs as I could look at and was told to be patient, and that would be my exact advice to you today as well. I almost bought one and I actually lost it because it was in AZ and it got sold out there locally. I was upset because I thought I had lost the "only" uncut MUTT I would find! Wrong! Best thing that ever happened to me! Several months later the one that I'm enjoying right now fell into my lap... it was right here in NJ under my nose! Clear title, uncut... great shape, etc. A little more than I wanted to spend but the paperwork sailed through as if I were buying a Buick LeSabre.

Many of the guys who post on this board have owned several of these things over the years. Some of the members have owned many, many MUTT's and have run into all kinds of situations as far as titling, paperwork, etc. I'd leave intricate manuevers (out-of-country MUTT purchases) to those guys with the experience because they know what to do, especially with paperwork. Your best bet right now is to look at as many as you can... you'll get educated real quick, believe me. Are you able to go look at that one in MS? Even if you don't buy it, just looking at it and talking to the owner is alone worth the price of admission!

Don't give up, friend, you'll find the one you're looking for!
Army Basic, AIT and OCS: Ft. Knox, KY (1967)
82nd Airborne Division: Ft. Bragg, NC (1968)
South Vietnamese Combat Advisor RVN (1969)
Owner: 1972 M151A2

m-11
USAF E-7 MSgt
USAF E-7 MSgt

Post by m-11 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:08 pm

Bob,

Thanks for the advice but you know as well as I that when you have the buying bug its hard to shake. Maybe I'll have my wife slap some sense into me. Probably won't work since she told me to go for it. Anyway I've been looking off and on for the past 5 or so years and have let several nice rigs bypass me. Being in the military makes it hard to get into this hobby when your constantly moving. One good thing I have noticed is that the prices haven't gone up much. :D I did have someone contact me via e-mail and offer me an descent A2 at a reasonable price but it needed work and I just don't have the space. :cry:

Mastersoldier
Air Force Technical Sergeant
Air Force Technical Sergeant

Post by Mastersoldier » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:16 pm

m-11, do you still have contact info for that decent A2. I don't mind putting in a little work. Of course the reasonable price should come with it. :) Thanks.
Together, we walked and watched out for your peace; me, my master, and his Master.

-The Military Working Dog -

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:11 am

A2 is sold.

Thanks

Kevin De Vos

Mutt owner

Post by Kevin De Vos » Sat May 14, 2005 1:16 pm

The world is full of folks who believe the glass is half empty. i've met some truly wonderful Americans who have ethics. I can always count on them in a time of need for instance; this week a friend from Holland drives 6 hours to change my clutch because my leg is broken. He expected no money and came because he was a friend. The M151A2 was just our hobby, not our life.

Kevin De Vos
US Serviceman stationed in Germany

Mark Warner
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Post by Mark Warner » Sat May 21, 2005 8:36 am

While I admit the mutt is in many respects "disposable", I still consider it to be the last and best "jeep" for its intended purpose-and I still have two MB's.

Having said that, why do the nutless ones always post as guests--or did I answer my own question?

Return to “M151's For Sale”