WTS Almost NOS Heavy Duty Head for Unleaded Gas

1959 - 1978, M151, M151A1, M151A2 jeeps, NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
Glen the Rotorhead
G-Major
G-Major

WTS Almost NOS Heavy Duty Head for Unleaded Gas

Post by Glen the Rotorhead » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:59 pm

I bought this head new from TNJ Murray when I thought my head was bad. Turns out my original head is fine and I had it rebuilt. This head was installed and run for a total of maybe 5 minutes. Paid $325 + shipping (not sure why because their online catalog says $300). Will sell for $250 + shipping. I'm in Florida and I take Paypal.

You can reach me at gsenkowski1@cfl.rr.com

TIA
Glen the Rotorhead
1968 M151A1 "C Biscuit"
A Trp 1/9 Cav "Headhunters", Feb 69 - Sep 70

Thank God you can call & complain about the .50 on my jeep. And thank people like me that the policeman on the other end isn't speaking Russian or Chinese.

muttguru@aol.com

Engine noise

Post by muttguru@aol.com » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:10 am

Glen,
just as a by-the-way, did you get your engine sorted out? Was it the camshaft that was causing that pinging noise?

Just wondering....
Kind regards...
Ken

Glen the Rotorhead
G-Major
G-Major

Yes!

Post by Glen the Rotorhead » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:22 am

Hi Ken, I picked up CB yesterday and he runs like a champ. Bill Brooks found nothing horribly wrong but all the engine bearings and the cam and timing gears needed to be replaced. I guess I'll never knowing where the clanging noise was coming from - it may have been a combination of things.

Thanks for all the help on running down the problem.

P.s., if anyone needs major engine/tranny/diff work done, try Brooks Engine Service in Clearwater FL. They have overhauled over 350 powerpacks for Carolina Growler and they actually LIKE working on them. Bill is a good guy - tell him that I sent you.
Glen the Rotorhead
1968 M151A1 "C Biscuit"

Thank God you can call & complain about the .50 on my jeep. And thank people like me that the policeman on the other end isn't speaking Russian or Chinese.

Andrew Bonica

engine

Post by Andrew Bonica » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:59 am

Glad to hear that the engine wasn'toast. That must be a relief.

Fil Bonica

Glen the Rotorhead
G-Major
G-Major

;-)

Post by Glen the Rotorhead » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:13 pm

Roger that Fil! In fact, I drove it to the company picnic today for the annual car show and my wife and I could actually converse on the way. That's a first. All the same noises, but at lower dB's.
Glen the Rotorhead
1968 M151A1 "C Biscuit"

Return to “M151's For Sale”