FS: 1974 M151A2 Cdn

1959 - 1978, M151, M151A1, M151A2 jeeps, NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
Tidman

FS: 1974 M151A2 Cdn

Post by Tidman » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:11 am

I see my ad from August generated some comments, so here's a new ad with more detail:

1974 Canadian service M151A2 reweld for sale, asking $5500 Canadian.

Mutt has:
NOS top, door skins and curtains
NOS wheel cylinders
NOS Brake hoses (just the rubbers, not the steel lines)
rebuilt carb - still needs tuning, running rich
rebuilt master cylinder
NOS exhaust manifold
NOS exhaust except for manifold pipe
Used ROPS netting
Used seat cushions (good shape, all buttons, no big tears)
NOS gas tank vents
NOS fuel level sending unit
Used fuel guage
Used rear seatbelts (from M35A2)
Used jerry can & homemade straps
New batteries
New data plates - engraved with AM General and S/N
NOS lever boots - shift, e-brake, xfer lever
NOS shift knob and xfer lever knob
New windshield
Canadian ROPS (6 point, 1 piece)
Fabricated battery tray walls and drivers seat front mount
Homemade tow bar

It was:
Stripped, blasted, primed and painted with gillespie's carc 383 green (2 coats).
Rust cust out and fixed, except for 1 spot under driver's floor that still needs to be done.
Underside was left alone as much is still covered by thick asphalt undercoating.
Brakes completely removed, blown out, and rebuilt system. Shoes were good, other parts replaced new fluid etc.
Fuel tank completely torn down, de-rusted and por-15'd.

It needs:
NOS belt set installed (I have it)
used oil pressure sender (I have it)
E-brake installed (I have it)
A little more steel work behind the left front tire. I was running out of time before deer season, so I left it for now.

This jeep is a runner, it's not perfect, but it looks great and runs very well, although running rich right now. I put 1200 miles on it last fall/winter on and off road for hunting. I'll be getting it safetied sometime this week. It's located in Eastern Canada (Fredericton, New Brunswick). As for shipping, I can work something out, if a US buyer then you would have to work out the customs.

Regards,
Tidman
oldmutt at rogers dot com

Robert Peterson
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by Robert Peterson » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:38 pm

Todd I will try this forum as point of contact. I have tried a number of times to respond to your email but I keep getting my messages returned. I have cleaned up my email file if you would like to send those pix out agin. Thanks

Robert.
It is my belief that flight is possible and, while I am talking up the investigation for pleasure rather than profit, I think there is a slight possibility of achieving fame and fortune from it.

Wilbur Wright

Tidman

Mutt photos

Post by Tidman » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:36 pm

Robert, I think your ISP bouncing the entire messages with attachments is what clogged my inbox. I think we're straightened out now as I've sent you shots and not got a bounce other than the very last message. You didn't need them anyway right? I've got to persuade my wife to throw together a web page for me with some shots.

Tidman

Return to “M151's For Sale”