Jeep taxing.

Create a thread to track the progress of you MB/GPW restoration progress. Previously a General Discussion board.
cjv-35
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: Jeep taxing.

Post by cjv-35 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:03 am

Well since Chuck opened up about Jarvis-Gann, he is my Opinion. Without Jarvis-Gann, my parents would not have been able to keep their house and pass it onto my twin brother and Myself. Up to that time, the counties could up a property tax rate as they seemed fit. Now, in modern Times, a house where I live in the SF west bay mid peninsula area are going for no less than 1 million dollars. 1 % of that is #10.000 property tax a year to start so with all the house sale's going on, you are not going to try to tell me that the counties and state do not have enough money for school's. Start spending the money where it is most needed. For one, If the tax revenues where not spent on illegal alien law breakers, that would be start in the right direction.

Ralph
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Ralph » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:07 pm

cjv-35, that area is suppose to be one of the most expensive in the U.S. regarding property values...have a friend in Marin county.
On the other end of the WW2 jeep road tax...here in Kentucky it is cheap.When registering as an Historic Vehicle,a permanent tag is issued for $12.00.Tax is calculated by the year of mfg,currently less than a buck a year.No inspections.There is a state tax component in the insurance premium,as in many states.Altogether I feel pretty lucky-so far.
Ralph

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Post by Chuck Lutz » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:23 am

The thing is...why were we told it was to "save grannies house" when it was for commercial property also? Just a big hustle by commercial real estate interests under the guise of helping "granny".
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3-C 1947

Fortyeight2A
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Fortyeight2A » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Did it help Granny? If it helped Granny, who cares if commercial real estate interests made money?
Is it true real Jeeps have flat fenders?
Alone cannot you it resist!

Return to “MB GPW Restoration Projects”