my new GPW

Create a thread to track the progress of you MB/GPW restoration progress. Previously a General Discussion board.
GI.
Sergeant Major [E-9]

Re: my new GPW

Post by GI. » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:26 pm

Here's a few pic's of the jeep after I did a few things, new master cly, left rear spring, changes all the fluids, removed about 5-7 lbs of old bondo, repaired some old cracks, replaced the frt. bumper with the correct one, repaired the two frt. bumper mounts, and painted it with 8-9 rattle cans of early war flat.
All I wanted was a parade jeep, I did not want to get into a complete resto. body off and all that work, I am not a welder and don't have all the right tools etc. and I know it's not any way as nice as most of the jeep's here. it does have some rust underneath, but not all that much. and it does run and drive great, it has a replacement eng. in it, [pic's above].
maybe some day some one can do a body off resto. on it and do it right. but for now I,m happy with the way it is.
67 M-151A1

twinflyer17
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by twinflyer17 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:43 am

You should be happy, it looks great! Yes, a lot of guys on here have museum quality jeeps which they spend years and boat loads of money on, while there are plenty of others who have jeeps that they still spend years and boat loads of money on which don't look near as good. Everyone's skill level and patience is different, and no one deserves to be judged unless they turn an old war jeep into a rock crawler :lol: . Honestly speaking, though, as long as you're happy with it is all that matters. I'd be proud of it if I was you and to the average person on the street who sees it, they will be just as impressed.
Sean

GPW 108175 viewtopic.php?t=267732
DOD 4/14/43 Louisville, KY USA20371070

MVPA
AOPA

Mark Jesic
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Mark Jesic » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:22 pm

I hope youre happy with it, i would be, you can drive that jeep anywhere, and rightly be proud of it, it will get a lot of admiration. :D

JIMN
G-Major
G-Major

Post by JIMN » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:56 am

Looks good to me. Jeeps were built to be driven!
I also like your old bicycle and garage décor. Good looking VW too if that is yours...
1941 Ford GP, 1944 Willys MB, 1943 Bantam T3

Return to “MB GPW Restoration Projects”