Both headlights quit working

1959 - 1978, M151, M151A1, M151A2, Technical questions and discussions, regarding anything related to the M151.
Bucolic
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Both headlights quit working

Post by Bucolic » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:00 pm

Yep, both headlights quit working. I still have taillights, brake lights, front and rear turn signals and the dash lights work but no headlights.
What I did that may have caused the problem is/was; I removed the instrument panel so that I could move two toggle switches I had installed between the choke/throttle and the wiper switch. I used two existing 1/2" holes. Never did like having those switches there so I moved them to the right side of the instruments. What I'm wondering is, could I have caused something to come unplugged while I have my hand stuffed behind the dash through the instrument cluster opening?
I can't think of anything else it could be. I took a look at a wiring diagram and couldn't see any connectors that could have come un-done. Can anyone help?
Never mind, I found the problem. the problem was the dimmer switch sticking. When I went out this morning to take my grandson to school, I thought that might be the problem so I stepped on it a few times and sure enough, the headlights now work.

Return to “M151's Technical Knowledge Base”