CMD Body Panels for M 151

1959 - 1978, M151, M151A1, M151A2, Technical questions and discussions, regarding anything related to the M151.
lpcoating
Sergeant Major of the Gee
CMD Body Panels for M 151

Post by lpcoating » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:34 pm

I'm starting this thread for body panels made by Cameron Manufacturing and Design located in Horseheads, NY. CMD is an ESOP company with around 190 employees. We have been in business for 30 years and as a contract manufacturer, offer a full range of sheet metal, machine shop, welding and engineering services. At this point in time we do not have a product line of our own. Why did we start making 151 parts? After I bought my A1 and started doing repair work I realized that if I wanted body parts, I would have to make them. The parts listed on this thread will be as close to stock as we can get them. You will notice from some of the pictures that it looks like I'm working out of my garage. That is correct as I do the reverse engineering on my time, usually draw the parts in AutoCAD during lunch or after hours. Then it goes to the shop. This way I can keep the up front costs to a minimum. And I like to do it! I will let people know of updates and progress with parts. This is what we have at this time:

ImageImageImage

We went to the Gilbert PA show last week with a batch of the above parts. Prices are as follows:
Tool box lid - $100 plus S & H
Rear fender tops set (L & R) - $180 (per set) plus S & H

If you are interested PM me and we can arrange payment, etc.

Guy

HILLBILLY-06
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Re: CMD Body Panels for M 151

Post by HILLBILLY-06 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:57 am

Do you ever come to the Dixie Division Show at Tannehill State Park? They have a great MV club Show there usually around November each year... Would love to see the parts there for sure.

lpcoating

Post by lpcoating » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:42 pm

We have only been to Aberdeen and the Gilbert, PA show. Maybe next year...

tankjeepman

Post by tankjeepman » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:01 pm

Looks real good. I am in need to the two dividers between battery box and tool box as well as the tool box lid. Any chance you guys are going to do these as well?
45 Chevy G7107 SOLD
45 MB Completed SOLD
48 CJ 2A Parts or maybe restore?
M151A2 1973 Completed and being driven.
M151A1/A2 Conversion to A2 Future Project
M37B1 1962 Restoration in progress

lpcoating

Post by lpcoating » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:08 pm

The dividers are on the list. I'll keep people updated on part progress.

lpcoating

Post by lpcoating » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:09 am

We ran some samples on Monday. We did a full length bend on the outside and extended the other edges for a trim to fit panel. I have to do some work on the drain. We used a progressive louver tool and the issue with this style of tool is that the ends are not very defined (as you can see in the picture). I will see what we can do to get drain looking a little better.

ImageImageImageImageImage

lpcoating

Post by lpcoating » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:58 pm

Ran a set of floors today. Did not have a chance to tweak the drain but I brought them home to see how they fit up. The drivers side floor has about 5/8" that it can go in towards the center of the jeep in order to be in the proper location for the body side panel. Pass side has the same trim / adjust material. I'm going to go with this as a finished part as far as all dimensions go. We will mess with the drain tomorrow and if I'm not happy with the results we'll order a custom tool from Amada to make it match the original. I have enough information now to get prices listed by the end of the week and will let people know how the drain turns out. Parts will be ready to order/ship very soon.

ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by lpcoating on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hambone

Post by hambone » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Looks good, put me down for a set when ready. Hambone

lpcoating

Post by lpcoating » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Ran the numbers today and we will be offering the front floors for $75 each plus S & H. Tooling maker supplied a quote to us today for the drain tool and we placed the order. Turn around time on the tool is about one week. I created the work order for 10 each today so we are ready to rock and roll when the tool arrives. I will be working on the rear floor next, then the rear panel. Please keep in mind that this takes me some time on my end but I'm getting there.

lpcoating

Post by lpcoating » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:00 pm

Tooling came in this morning. :D My programmer is going to a training today so we will get the program updated Saturday morning and run parts early next week.

lpcoating

Post by lpcoating » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:09 pm

We were all set to run some floors today and then we discovered that we might not have the proper tool holder for the drain form tool. :oops: Didn't see that one coming. We are going to do some more "digging" tomorrow but I don't have a warm, fuzzy feeling that we have one. Next call will be to our tooling rep as they will have these in stock. I'm sure they'll love to sell me one! Sorry guys, I really wanted to get these done this week...

Guy

Rickf
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Rickf » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:54 am

Guy, You are doing one hell of a job, don't sweat the small stuff, we will wait.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

Fil Bonica
G-Captain
G-Captain

Post by Fil Bonica » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:18 am

The shipping pipeline from Horseheads is so short another few days is not significant.
Fil bonica

lpcoating

Post by lpcoating » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:34 pm

We started running floors today. We are running 10 pcs of each to start. Let me know if you are interested and they will be ready by the end of the week. Even if I have to bend them! Thank you for waiting...

ImageImageImage

lpcoating

Post by lpcoating » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:10 pm

Floors are now done and in stock. I've sent PM's to everyone that was interested, if I missed anyone please let me know. I'm going to list these on e-bay next week and same as the other parts, they will be marked up a little to cover e-bay costs. So, as a reminder, if you are interested in any of our parts pm me through the site and you'll get a better deal. Thank you to those that have already purchased floors (or any other parts).

Guy

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “M151's Technical Knowledge Base”