Olde Rustiester Followed me home

Post your jeep photos, Pre or Post restoration. Bragging Photos etc. Also LIFE jeep photos.
Adam
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Olde Rustiester Followed me home

Post by Adam » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:53 pm

PO said it "Ran last time we drove it" fine print "20 years ago"
Brought this home last week. DOD 4-10-42 18xxx on the title and glove box. There is 6 inches of snow on her now.

Adam

more photos here http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/ironr ... t=3&page=1

17thAirborne
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: Olde Rustiester Followed me home

Post by 17thAirborne » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:59 pm

Look forward to seeing it come together. I would not be worthy of such a project, so I hope to learn a lot from reading about your progress.

Good Luck
Oz

Feb 43 GPW 98532 USA 20206257
Oct 70 Land Rover Series 2a 25334079G NZ16GF36
http://gpw.castraponere.com/ (My Restoration Page)

Fortyeight2A
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Fortyeight2A » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:20 pm

Did Olde Rustiest look any better? :lol:
Is it true real Jeeps have flat fenders?
Alone cannot you it resist!

Adam
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Adam » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:34 am

Depends on where you look. That engine does turn though,, this one may be a anchor.

Adam

Michael O.
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Michael O. » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Looks like a nice restoration candidate.....or, will you be parting out this one also?
Michael O’Connell

Too many jeeps…and a Dodge.

MVPA 13861

Boyso
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Boyso » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:17 pm

Adam, you've got to teach us your ways. Took me 3 years to find my jeep and you seem to find a new one every other week! You're like a jedi, can you feel the jeeps thru forests ? :P
44 GPW 231738 10/23/1944
MVPA #36162

Adam
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Adam » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:48 pm

They are out there, just gotta go and look where no one has looked before. Oh thats almost star trek, not star wars. None of what I get are for the faint of heart.

I don't part out kinda complete jeeps with good titles that are worth saving, Of the 4 in the Olde rust clan 3 are still on the front lawn. Well I could use that dipstick for something though.

Now this one, PO says it sat over a hill in the woods for 15 years where it crashed into a tree, Him and his brother bought it and pulled it out years ago and some parts were take off for other projects. However his brother passed a few years back and the jeep had just sat again till I bought it.

Now with the engine stuck and plugs out it may be shot anyway. MB type frame, kinda late for that to be under there, plus some damage in the back and a bad body. Ugly brass plates, but intact. Roof probably saved the tranny (dont even know what it is in there yet) and maybe some of the dash stuff. It could end up being spring or summer till I get back to this guy and decide what to do with her..

In the 15 years that I have been here, nobody has stopped to ask about the jeeps all over the place and I'm not that far out and all the jeeps aren't hidden.

Michael O.
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Michael O. » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:58 am

Glad to hear you're going to save this one....she deserves it! First contract GPW's don't exactly show up every day. Can't blame me for scouting for some parts though...why I was asking. Interesting note, her serial number is high for a first contract GPW, albeit she was delivered at the end of F-1.

Looking forward to seeing the progress on this one.
Michael O’Connell

MVPA 13861

Adam
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Adam » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:46 am

OOps, thought you were beating on me for parting some of these out. I am not going to restore it, will put her in storage for the winter and look at her in the spring., then offer her for sale, unless somebody that is out here wants to take her with them.

Kinda late for that mb frame though isnt it? Didnt see a frame number on the rail or a tag on the front, but it was dark and snowing and a 14 hour day getting it home. Havent researched it yet, It was more of a purchase going by pictures, didnt know the vin till I got there, and 2 days to get it out of there if if I wanted it. Worst case, I have another grill and glove box door to hang on the wall of shame.

ADam

Michael O.
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Michael O. » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:35 am

Definitely look for a GPW serial number on that frame...never know. Yes, it is definitely late for a Midland frame on a GPW which is why I am very curious what you find. It would be the highest GPW SN on a Midland frame that I know of. If not...still a nice jeep for someone and still definitely worth saving!
Michael O’Connell

MVPA 13861

Return to “- PHOTO GALLERY -”