4th of July parade, Centralia, WA with a LOT of MVs...

Post your jeep photos, Pre or Post restoration. Bragging Photos etc. Also LIFE jeep photos.
Lee Bishop
G503 War Correspondent
G503 War Correspondent

4th of July parade, Centralia, WA with a LOT of MVs...

Post by Lee Bishop » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:50 am

The parade went really well. I think we had almost 20 MVs in the parade, ranging from a Ford GP to a Humvee. They were all lined up sequentially in order of the year they were made. The crowds love seeing us, especially as no current military units showed up. We traditionally set up in a park early in the morning until noon, go to a member’s house (stuffing all the vehicles into his back alley) but a big cookout, then to the parade. It’s usually a good time and we weren’t dying from the heat like last year.
This is just the WW2 Jeeps that were lined up in the park for the display early that morning:
These are some shots of the WW2 vehicles lined up in the alley while we were having lunch, before the parade:
Mine is way in the background on the left, with the one guy leaning on it:
This is mine, in front of the GMC 2 ½ ton:
No photos from the parade itself as I was busy keeping an eye on the kids darting among our vehicles trying to pick up tossed candy (I don't toss candy at parades), an eye on the gauges as well as focusing on the start-stop-start-stop-start-stop-start-stop-start-stop-start-stop nature of parades in this part of the country...
Owner, 1944 Willys MB #366014
Former US Army Captain and REMF :mrgreen:

Return to “- PHOTO GALLERY -”