Oregon collectors call your state reps now. $1K/year tax

Discussion of Local, State, and Federal issues regarding MV Legislation, MV use restrictions, MV registration refusals, etc. As these issues may ultimately affect other jurisdictions, information and education of all MV owners is crucial for the future ownership and use of our MVs.
This is not a board for Political discussion.
This is not a Q&A Forum on how to title or register a MV.
undysworld
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Re: Oregon collectors call your state reps now. $1K/year tax

Post by undysworld » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:15 am

Perhaps I should be more specific.
Agreed. Referring to everyone who moved here from somewhere else as a foreigner and blaming them for all our troubles seems troublesomely vague and unnecessarily confrontational.
Many are here illegally, paying no taxes, sucking on my "tit" and calling me intolerant all the while laughing at the American way of life.
Undoubtedly true. Which also implies that many are here legally, paying taxes and not sucking tit - guys like my nephew Juan, my friend KIm's husband Jose', or my kid's co-worker Albert the mason. They all came here to be Americans, to contribute, to make it better for their family and others. They are being just as "American" as I am, and when you lump guys like that in with your "illegals", you insult them, and coincidentally me too.

This thread started about a state law about vehicles. Perhaps we ought to concentrate on what we have in common - a passion for preserving old vehicles. (I'd even be willing to bet that there might be some "illegals" that share our passion. :!: I know, how dare they?)

Concentrating on differences between people only divides us. Let us leave that for the political forums, since they seem to do such a good job at it.
1966 AM-General M35A-2
1973 DeTomaso Pantera
1976 Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer 712M
M-416 Trailer (behind Pinzgauer)
1980 AMC Jeep CJ-5

Info on Legislation at: http://www.alfaheaven.com/MilitarySecti ... Legis.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

17thAirborne
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 17thAirborne » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:27 am

You are missing my point. As I stated "I am talking about outsiders with NO desire to become Americans." NOT EVERYONE WHO IMMIGRATES HERE. If I meant that I would have said IMMIGRANTS.

Yes my comment was too vague. Poor platonic form on my part. :oops: I am sorry for not expressing myself more clearly.

I clarified what I stated in the previous post. I am not lumping everyone into one group. Someone who comes here ILLEGALLY is not an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT, they are a CRIMINAL because they have committed a CRIME. The left would have us believe they are now UNDOCUMENTED. What a crock of pooh. They make it more difficult for others who desire to do so properly. Too many in our country are easily offended before they seek to understand and then either verbally or otherwise label those who don't agree as racist or bigoted.

If your family and friends came here legally, then they are not who I am referring to . If they are also here because they skirted the LAWS, then yes I am referring to them. It is not American to circumvent the constitutionally safeguarded laws of our county to come to America regardless of how good a person you are or how hard you work. There is a process to follow and a true American would follow the law. This notion that being a hard worker and a good person makes it goody-goody is also another leftist tactic to render the masses of concerned Americans silent on the matter for fear of being labeled not compassionate. This country was built by IMMIGRANTS who came here LEGALLY, and desired to become AMERICANS

Although you don't come out and say it, your comments imply that I have no compassion or do not like ALL foreigners. Like I said before I give a lot of my time and money freely to help the less fortunate. How many libs do you know that go to a prison to spend time with what others refer to as, the refuse of America or drive 400 miles in a van to take veteran to the major VA center.? I put my money where my mouth is. Liberals want to Put MY money where THEIR mouth is.

I suppose I am saying what a vast majority of our nation feels, but does not express because when they do, they are bombarded with insults and innuendos.

These comments have everything to do with taxes imposed on antique vehicles by liberals.

Here is a quote from the liberal rag The New York Times about this issue.

"Liberals show tremendous compassion in pushing for generous government spending to help the neediest people at home and abroad. Yet when it comes to individual contributions to charitable causes, liberals are cheapskates."

You can read it yourself here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/opini ... ml?mcubz=0

I am done with this matter.
Oz

Feb 43 GPW 98532 USA 20206257
Oct 70 Land Rover Series 2a 25334079G NZ16GF36
http://gpw.castraponere.com/ (My Restoration Page)

17thAirborne
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 17thAirborne » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:47 pm

undysworld wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:57 pm
But are we better off with Trump, and nothing much getting done currently?
Nothing getting done is better than stupid taxation laws.

And yes we are better off with Trump given Hillary and Bernie as the alternatives. Sheesh!

AND I'd rather have Oregon pass stupid laws than at the Federal level. I can always move to a better state. Oregon is becoming (or already is by many accounts) Northern-Northern Cali
Oz

undysworld
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by undysworld » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:48 am

I am done with this matter.
Apparently not.

Speaking as someone who has actually participated in passage of legislation relating to vehicle registration, I have to suggest that you might make a more positive difference by spending your time addressing the proposed bill in Oregon, than by badmouthing "libs". Dividing people and insulting them probably will not garner you the support needed to achieve your goal/s, IMHO.
Nothing getting done is better than stupid taxation laws.
Getting nothing done is still just getting nothing done, no matter the excuse.

Best of luck.
1966 AM-General M35A-2
1973 DeTomaso Pantera
1976 Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer 712M
M-416 Trailer (behind Pinzgauer)
1980 AMC Jeep CJ-5

Info on Legislation at: http://www.alfaheaven.com/MilitarySecti ... Legis.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

17thAirborne
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 17thAirborne » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:05 am

I guess if pointing out the nature of libs is considered badmouthing, then what they are doing is bad.

In NM every child of an illegal alien gets free school, free healthcare WIC and other things. I end up paying for that. When I volunteered to teach an introductory class in aviation to 8th grades in a local school, 1/2 of the students in each class spoke NO English. They had to have a translator in the class. It took twice as long to cover the material so the English speaking students were handicapped because of the students who were in class due to their parent bringing them into the US illegally. And before you flippantly say "why don't you learn some Spanish," I speak 5 languages. I did that so I could be more social with the people in other countries as I traveled there in the military. Why does NM require most employees to be bi-lingual to get a job? It is because the entire STATE is a sanctuary. Made so by libs by the way, to state another fact. Why cannot everyone learn the language of the land ENGLISH.

As is typical of a lib, when faced with the facts of what they have foisted on the rest of society, they resort to calling names to avert the facts which deep down they know are true and somewhat painful.

Here is in essence what I stated, the facts. By your definition, I am badmouthing libs.

1. Libs pass many stupid laws (so do republicans) That's why in today's heated political environment doing nothing IS better.
2. Illegal aliens are taking money out of my pocket without my consent. In essence they are sucking off my "tit"
3. Illegal aliens are here illegally and they have broken the law.
4. Libs, by nature, impose their philosophy on the rest of America rather than doing something about it themselves.

Wake up America. If you think these actions, mentioned above are BAD, then libs are not doing this nation a service. If you think I am bad for pointing out what they are doing, then you are seemingly embarrassed by the conduct of libs and cannot bear to hear it mentioned.

You go on believing that leaving our borders open is good. You go on believing that liberals are compassionate. Think of now many illegal aliens are killed or incarcerated trying to get into this country illegally. Think of the pain and suffering to their families. By encouraging them to come here illegally, you are inviting many to pain and suffering of an ordeal or worse, their death at the hands of their countrymen. That is not compassionate. That is inhumane.

One more thing. If you are insulted by me stating the facts...then you are insulted by the conduct of libs. Look to where the true source of your discomfort is. It seems to me to be with the fact that you actually embrace what you find displeasing. You actually believe all of this stuff, but deep down when I point out how wrong it is, you are uncomfortable with it.

Search you feelings you know it to be true Luke.

Yes, you keep believing it is all good.
Oz

FrankenJeep
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by FrankenJeep » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:10 pm

17thAirborne wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:36 pm
undysworld wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:57 pm

This is what happens when libs and foreigners move in.

Well, most of my foreign ancestors came here from Norway, Ireland, and England. Trump's family came from Germany. Where were yours from?
My Jewish Uncle Max earned his Purple Heart for his injuries in Normandy, and my Norwegian/English Uncle Leo was a Marine who survived action at Chosin Res. and on Okinawa. What's it take to be an American?
Not picking a fight here, but I'm unclear what any of this has got to do with a state law. ?

Just sayin'...
Perhaps I should be more specific. I am talking about outsiders with NO desire to become Americans. They want what has served us for hundreds of years to bend to their will and norms. Many are here illegally, paying no taxes, sucking on my "tit" and calling me intolerant all the while laughing at the American way of life. The people you are referring to came here to be Americans, to contribute, to make it better for their family and others. That ethic seems to be lost on those I refer to as foreigners, spurred on by libs wanting me to pay for their disdain.

I'm just sick of it.

Now as to what it has to do with state law, the libs, who want the illegal votes and support of these "foreigners" need more money to pay for implementing their views of a "just and verdant society". I volunteer more than 40hours each month at the prison, food bank, church to make things better. If the libs would each donate 5 hours instead of taking money out of my pocket to create their utopia, things would get slowly better without new laws and stupid dumb ass taxes.

It really is quite self evident... to most.
That's what's giving the DUMMYCRATS heartburn now evidenced by their burning hatred of Donald Trump. I am VERY anti-tax. I don't OWE these welfare BUMS a dime; I WORKED all my life. All the DUMMYCRATS think of is how to TAX AND SPEND--TAX AND SPEND! Then give it to some "generational welfare" BUM or some ILLEGAL Alien (They are NOT "undocumented";they are I L L E G A L!). We ARE sick of it! You want to collect a check from the GUB'MINT? THEN fix it so that every able-bodied person has to EARN what he gets. Even people in wheel chairs can do SOMETHING if their HAND wiggles!

Talk about "discrimination"! It shows just how much politicians think of their constituents! This "robbery" in the guise of a tax is just another way to keep the little guy down! :evil:

FJ
FrankenJeep

JIMN
G-Major
G-Major

Post by JIMN » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:39 pm

So whatever happened to this $1000/5 year tax on older cars in Oregon?
1941 Ford GP, 1944 Willys MB, 1943 Bantam T3

1942GPW
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by 1942GPW » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:55 pm

It went down in flames.
10/7/42 Ford GPW (SN 70778)
11/42 Willys MBT (SN 13021)

Return to “Legislative Issues”