m170 soft top/litter rack help/question

1952 - 1968, M38A1, M170, questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the M38a1 series.
chigoonies
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

m170 soft top/litter rack help/question

Post by chigoonies » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:55 pm

hi guys, I am new around here, just getting into collecting/restoring military jeeps ( I want an m151a2,a 43 mb and an m170 that i am currently negotiating to buy) and maybe an agrijeep or two. I have a few questions and I hope someone out there can help me and or point me in the right direction, please feel free to pm with at victorygin138@gmail.com with any questions, offers ( esp for m151 projects or cj2a,mb projects for sale) or technical knowledge.
so here goes:

1. the m170 I am looking to buy has no top or litter racks, the price quote I received for a new custom built top exceeds 4000 dollars. I am looking for
a. any soft tops/LITTER RACK for sale
b. AYONE WHO KNOWS ANYONE WHO HAS A RESTORED M170 THAT I COULD TAKE MEASURMENTS OFF OF TO HAVE LITTER RACKS SO THAT I CAN HAVE ONE CUSTOM BUILT.
c blueprints/plans for litter racks/ that I could buy, rent, make copies of to have a litter rack/soft top hardware custom built for my m170
d. lastly any info regarding a summer top, a non military top or any other stop gap measure I can employ until such time that I can have a top/litter racks custom built.

any and all help would be appreciated greatly, thank you so much for your time and consideration in this matter, I can also be pm'd at victorygin138@gmail.com
Respectfully,
John H
"ELEFTHERIO E THANATOS"
M170 (soon/march)
wanted: M151 MUTT PROJECT
M170 SOFT TOP FRAME,SOFT TOP
M170 LITTER RACK

D Pizzoferrato
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: m170 soft top/litter rack help/question

Post by D Pizzoferrato » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:19 am

Check with Ron Fitzpatrick (owner of this site) for M170 Top Bows. http://www.g503.com/parts
odcloth.com for canvas http://www.odcloth.com/m170.html
Click on the M170 pic in the signature box for more.

Good luck on the litter racks and the other M170 specific bits; they are all made of unobtanium.
David Pizzoferrato
Pizzoferrato Ent./Weebee Webbing
Visit our Website! www.odcloth.com for your Canvas needs

Return to “M38a1 Technical Knowledge Base”