yellow strobe light I think!!

M151 General Discussion and Chat Board
old man
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

yellow strobe light I think!!

Post by old man » Sat May 13, 2017 6:53 pm

I have seen a few mutts with a yellow or blue strobe light mounted up on the antenna mast. usually they are M.P patrol vehicles.
I'm not even sure what to call them. but the full pole and light is there a kit or what parts are needed to put one together.

I have a magnetic yellow strobe I have used with different military vehicles when I am traveling in high traffic areas, mostly to get the other drivers attention that I am a slower moving vehicle.

I hope I'm not to far off base with this question.
thanks
Last edited by old man on Sat May 13, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

199th MP
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: yellow strobe light I think!!

Post by 199th MP » Sun May 14, 2017 3:20 am

there is a kit for these lights, and they were available with a yellow lens for convoy use, or a blue lens for MP use. they could be mounted on flat plates when in use on top of a deuce or five ton, or mounted on a pole when used on M151's. the pole was then attached to the same type of riser used for radio antennas. these were more common in europe than in viet nam, where we almost always used red lights and mounted them on either the front fenders, or on the flat sheet metal area just in front of the windshield. when i was building my MP M151, rickf found one of these for me in pennsylvania. the ones i am familiar with are not strobes, though, they are the type that rotates. they are commonly made by Federal Signal in 24 volt.

Return to “M151 General Discussion Board”